Help with login issue on Win 8.1

Thread: Help with login issue on Win 8.1

Help with login issue on Win 8.1

My brother is not a techie in any sense. He purchased a new Win 8.1 laptop and had the seller set up his user account. He is the only one who uses the laptop and he does not want to enter a password each time he opens the computer. When I went in to change the password for him, it indicated that I would change his Hotmail account password when I changed the password. I did not want to do that, so I exited. My guess is that when he purchased the computer the person asked if he would like to use his Hotmail password for his user account, and set it up that way, not realizing he had go enter the password each time he opened it. I looked at the video link given in a post here for setting up an account and it told how to set up the account using the Hotmail account, and why not it is a MS site wanting Hotmail to be your e-mail! Can we bypass having to use the password? He does not like Win 8.1 anyway -- he had an XP for years and is used to operating it, but Win 8.1 is different, and maybe it has to have a password. Whatever settings he may have now I would like to leave alone. if IL delete the account and start fresh, wouldn't that change all the settings he may have? How can we do this? Thanks.
    JGB

Win 8 makes it a bit more difficult to do. Ideally he would have set it up as a local user acc't and not used any Microsoft ID or password but it can be switched to no login this way..

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/window...-windows-8.htm

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Thank you for the link. I will take a look and send it to him.
    JGB

Thread Information