[RESOLVED] Keep Getting: "Request Entity Too Large" Errors! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [RESOLVED] Keep Getting: "Request Entity Too Large" Errors!

My daughter knows a lot of tools for fixing computers because she has to fix her company's customers' computers--and problems with their servers. And she has to do a lot of it remotely too. What's so funny is that she fixes everybody's computers in the family but mine. But only because this is the first time I have ever asked her for help. When I have a problem I usually come here if I can't figure something out and I am usually helped. I have always bragged about all of you to her. I am going to remember that web site where she downloaded the Windows Repair tool because I noticed that they also have a lot of other good programs that would be useful.
    Thanks,
    Sheila

Bleeping computer is my site, clearing garbage off of computers is what I use it for.
    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/down...windows+repair
    Left side
    Adwcleaner
    Jrt.

Keep your FF updated anyway. I have mine set to "notify me of updates, but I'll decide when to install them" then I install them just as I'm planning to get off. I can't find the command in the menu right now.

Win7 Ult/ 3.40 GHZ Intel Core i5-3570K /ASRock mobo Z77 Pro4 /SSD/ EUFI MS 3400 MHZ/8 GB RAM; Win 7 Ult/Verizon FIOS wired network
    Waterfox Classic/Chrome / Firefox 115esr
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "The medium is the message." - Marshall McLuhan

Train, I'm suspicious of an all-in-one repair, but I see you use it. What does it do? I don;t want it fixing anything unless I can see it. And does it work on XP Pro?

Win7 Ult/ 3.40 GHZ Intel Core i5-3570K /ASRock mobo Z77 Pro4 /SSD/ EUFI MS 3400 MHZ/8 GB RAM; Win 7 Ult/Verizon FIOS wired network
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have yet to use it, but as I do keep a eye on the Intensive Care Unit, I do know Broni has had a few people use it over the years.

But as I have found out, still reading up on it, you do need to be malware clean before using it.
    Might read what they say here at Bleeping Computers about it.
    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/down...ir-all-in-one/

Foxy: I too have my FF set to let me know when I need to install updates. And I also wait until I am finished what I am doing on the computer before updating. I always do the updates. This is just a few things that it does:

Tweaking.com - Windows Repair is an all-in-one repair tool to help fix a large majority of known Windows problems including registry errors and file
    permissions as well as issues with Internet Explorer, Windows Update, Windows Firewall and more. Malware and installed programs can modify your default settings. With Tweaking.com - Windows Repair you can restore Windows original settings.
    Even better yet here is a snapshot of the program and all the things you can check for:
    Attachment 12707

Train: About once a week I run all my security ware on my computer--anti-virus, anti-spyware, and anti-maleware. I learned my lesson a long time ago about not routinely checking your computer out for all those nasties out there. I also use WOT to keep me from going to dangerous sites.
    Sheila

Train: About once a week I run all my security ware on my computer--anti-virus, anti-spyware, and anti-maleware
    We match on that part.

Grand daughter would not so Grandpa installed Linux Puppy Carolina 1.2.

I take it that "Linux Puppy Carolina 1.2." is something for a Linux machine--I have never heard of it.
    Sheila

I'm not sure I want to remove maleware. They're nice to have around, especially if they know how to cook and clean.

Broni is good enough for me. How did I use XP for 13 years, while receiving several computer newsletters a week, and never see this tool? You don't have to answer that.

You're good, Sheila. You stay on top of things.
    Last edited by foxy; November 23rd, 2014 at 10:33 PM.

Yes, I do have several versions of Linux I use.
    Fact is, this old [2002] laptop is running AntiX , yes a Linux distro.

inxi -Z
    CPU~Single core Intel Pentium M (-UP-) clocked at 1867 Mhz Kernel~3.7.10-antix.5-486-smp i686 Up~28 min Mem~377.5/746.2MB HDD~60.0GB(9.3% used) Procs~89 Client~Shell inxi~2.1.28

LOL Foxy I knew I was misspelling it when I typed it, but I was just so tired and still feeling sick so I could not think how to correct it. If you have a "male" around that will cook and clean, then you are a lucky lady! The reason you probably never heard of this program before now is because on this web site it says:

The program is still young and needs to grow.
    My goal is to have a repair tool that can save someone from having to do a reinstall.
    To help those people who can't afford a computer tech, and of course to help my fellow techs out there.
    So it sounds as if this tool has not been around for very long. I am lucky that I have a daughter who has to stay on top of things like this. She has to or she would not have her job very long.

I think it is wonderful of people who invented tools like this to go to the trouble to help others and give it away for free. I always try to make a donation to people like this if they state that you can.
    Sheila

Thread Information