PORTABLE DVD PLAYER PROBLEM....

Thread: PORTABLE DVD PLAYER PROBLEM....

PORTABLE DVD PLAYER PROBLEM....

Hi. We have a GPX PD951 Portable DVD Player that I bought from QVC 2 years ago. It sat on a shelf until 3 weeks ago, when our old DVD player finally died. Now this portable is hooked up to our TV and we've been watching discs up until today. Yesterday it worked fine, and then we put in a disc today and up comes "No Disc". We tried several other discs, including the ones we were watching yesterday. I went on QVC and saw that this product had a 3 star rating, and not all people were happy with it. I must say it is cheap, but it did work...for awhile. The manual for this product does not have a Troubleshooting section, and the GPX website is of no help. Can this be fixed, or do we need to start shopping for a new DVD player?

The reviews on those units are not good. You could try making sure that therer is no dust or dirt on the optical pickup areas, but other than that, it is probably time for a new player. You might as well go with a Blu-Ray/DVD player, since the prices are not that much different. Check ratings and reviews first of course.

Okay. Thank you for your help, although I kind of knew what you were going to say. We will start researching for a new player.

Thread Information