converting to computer speaker

Thread: converting to computer speaker

converting to computer speaker

Hello! Just trying this here, in case someone can MacGyver my dock

My computer speakers are acting up and I'd like to replace them. I was already browsing online stores when I remembered a nice iPod dock I have stored and haven't used in a few years, and those have pretty nice speakers. I'm checking it now and there's only an output "outlet" for earphone jacks, nothing for input aside from the iPod cradle itself.. . is there any way I can improvise and convert this for my computer?

Thanks!

I have not found any adapters that would allow you to use those speakers. That doesn't mean they don't exist, but they might be difficult to locate, and, even if you found one, it might cost more than a standard set of PC speakers with decent sound quality.

Hey, jdc2000. Apparently the correct term I should have used was adding an "AUX input".. Found one tutorial, but seems difficult for someone without electronics background like me. I can solder, but I have no idea how do tester-stuff :/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mkr5D3pW5Dg

The hardest part of that modification is very carefully soldering the wires and resistor to the connector. If you can do that, there really isn't any testing you need to do other than making sure the inputs work when you are done.

Thread Information