[RESOLVED] Compatibility issue of Microsoft Office 2003 to Microsoft Office 2007

Thread: [RESOLVED] Compatibility issue of Microsoft Office 2003 to Microsoft Office 2007

Resolved [RESOLVED] Compatibility issue of Microsoft Office 2003 to Microsoft Office 2007

Hi all

I have a laptop running on windows 7. I have a Microsoft Office 2003 installed. Whenever I open Microsoft Office 2007 applications, it has file conversion issues. How can this be resolved..?

Install this compatibility pack if you would like to open, edit, and save documents, workbooks, and presentations that were created in the newer versions of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Scroll down to see instructions and system requirements.
    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downl...ails.aspx?id=3
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

Hi Steve.. My Win7 is now fully updated and downloaded the compatibility softwares. But still my MS Office can't read 2007 versiojn of MS Office..? What could be the problem..?

What kind of documents are you opening?

Did you install SP3 for Office 2003?

Look here for more info about opening new file formats in earlier versions of Microsoft Office:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/924074

Any applications higher than MS Office 2003. Like MS Powerpoint 2007&2012, MS Word 2007&2012 etc.

Yes. I downloaded from steve's link. Here are I installed in my laptop:

office2007sp3-kb2526086-fullfile-en-us
    DefaultPack
    FileFormatConverters
    microsoft-office-compatibility-pack

All of them are from Microsoft site.

What is the exact error message?

Here are the errors when opening word document and excel spreadsheet respectively:

MS Word.JPG

MS Excel.JPG

Can you open Word, create a simple document, and save it as a Word 2007-2010 .docx file?

If yes, what happens when you close Word, then double-click on the .docx file you created?

What happens if you re-open Word, and then clisk on File, Open, and try to open the .docx file you created?

I have created a word document and saved as 2007. But when I'am about to save it, here was pop up:saving a 2007 word document.JPG

I still can open it. But don't know if I can still open the whole document if it is a large one because of the warning just popped up when saving it as 2007. I also open a small spreadsheet under 2007 and I can open it. But I still can't open the word 2007 document on my email that can be open only on MS 2007 and above. Hmmm, I'm Fully updated and installed the compatibility packs but still no good. Maybe I should go for MS 2007?

That message is just Microsoft's warning that they hope will induxe you to purchase the latest version of their software. It can be ignored.

Before I shelled out any money for Office 2010 (not 2007), I would first try opening at least one Excel and one Word document that you are having issues with on a computer that has Office 2007 or 2010 installed. If they open OK, then you may have a solution. If not, then the problem may be elsewhere.

That is expected. 2007 uses a completely different file format based on xml.

You could also try LibreOffice instead.
    https://www.libreoffice.org/download/libreoffice-fresh/

Hi guys, I just updated my MS Office to 2010 instead. Our corporate IT told me that sometimes even though your OS is up to date and complete with compatibility packs, some documents won't be still compatible. But Thanks alot for your help. Really appreciate it.

Thread Information