[Inactive] Microsoft phone call scam help!

Thread: [Inactive] Microsoft phone call scam help!

[Inactive] Microsoft phone call scam help!

So I got a call from my girlfriend while at work. Apparently she got a phone call from "Microsoft" and since we just had the computer repaired through the Geek Squad at Best Buy she thought it was legit.

This guy managed to talk his way into accessing my computer. The only change I noticed as an icon on the desktop called TeamViewerQS_en. I deleted this and have changed the passwords on all my accounts that I can think of.

I ran windows defender and microsoft safety scanner but they came up with nothing. I'm not sure where I should go from here, Geek Squad wants to charge $200 to fix it, I called the real Microsoft and they said $99.

I tried to do a system restore to before today and it ran through but told me it didnt do it correctly because anti virus was running. I do have Norton but its not current and it was turned off.Any information you could give me would be great as I'm not real sure what I should do.

Please read the ICU forum rules:
    http://discussions.virtualdr.com/sho...ed-4-1-2014%29

If you want to scan your system, post the MBAM and DDS logs as described in the ICU forum rules.
    If you want to discuss other matters, we can move your thread to another forum section.

Thread Information