PC headset - USB to audio adapter?

Thread: PC headset - USB to audio adapter?

PC headset - USB to audio adapter?

OK, I guess this issue qualifies since my headset is intended for a PC. However, I would like to use it in my home office with my cell phone, as it has great sound, and has two speakers. I know there are Bluetooth 'headsets,' but they're expensive and, more importantly, all seem to have a speaker for just one ear. Speaker pads that cover the ears (both) is important in blocking stray sounds.

I cannot believe how difficult it is to find the adapter I need: one that converts the headset's USB plug to 1/8" audio plugs. I only keep finding adapters that convert the opposite (1/8" plugs to USB). I've googled this over and over, but to no avail. Anyone know a source? Thanks in advance . . .

David G.
    Utah, USA

https://www.google.com/search?q=USB+...l=np&source=hp

Google ' USB To 3.5mm mic headphone Jack "

Fink and Train,

Thank you very much for your replies. There are a couple of problems with them, however. (I realize I may have misstated things in my original post, my bad).

1.) I need an adapter that changes a headset's USB plug to 1/8" male jack plugs (not female plug ports/holes).

2.) Train, the Google search suggestion is appreciated, but as stated in #1 above, the jack size is 1/8", not 3.5mm (1/8" is about 3.0mm).

Again, thank you for your comments, but my search continues . . .

- David G.
    Last edited by star-gazer777; November 1st, 2014 at 02:56 PM.

It would help if you had stated the make/model of the headset from the beginning. So you want to use a USB headset on a 1/8" audio jack? You'd have to convert analog audio to usb digital data. I don't think they make adapters for that. The only ones I've seen are from USB to audio (digital to analog)

. I know there are Bluetooth 'headsets,' but they're expensive and, more importantly, all seem to have a speaker for just one ear.
    I've seen bluetooth stereo headsets for both ears, but they can be pricey.

Technically 1/8" is the same as 3.5mm.

As Midknyte also says I've never seen any adapter that would allow plugging a usb headset into an analog input. There may be some complex method to do it with a good stand-alone sound card/audio mixer but they'd be as expensive (or more) than buying the headphones.

I'd just buy an inexpensive set of regular headphones. There's nearly an infinite supply of decent ones for 20 dollars or so.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/...d4a82f87e3en02

Local stores that sell headphones might also let you try a demo pair out with your cell phone if you go in and ask.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

iPhone 1/8 inch microphone adapter - 3.5mm 4 conductor TRRS Male to 3.5mm Microphone Input Jack
    http://www.kvconnection.com/product-p/km-iphone-mic.htm

or
    http://www.ramelectronics.net/RCA-to...-Adapters.aspx

How I got aa adapter for my t-coil.

Thread Information