BManager.exe

Thread: BManager.exe

BManager.exe

I just wanted to tell you about this stinker. I was working from home and using RDP to connect to my office PC yesterday. At the end of the day, I disconnected from RDP. About 1/2 hour later, I tried connecting again but kept getting "The connection was ended because of a network error. Please try connecting to the remote computer again". I tried it again and got a longer similar message.

I went into the office at 5 a.m. this morning to see what might be going on. I hadn't rebooted the PC in a long while so I went ahead and did that... when it came back up, it suggested I installed a recent version of Java and another pop-up saying I needed a new version of Adobe Flash. I installed those but was sidetracked momentarily...when I glanced back at the PC, I saw that it was installing something that wasn't related to Java or Flash. I tried cancelling the installation but I think I was too late.

I looked in my Add/Remove programs for installations on today's date and saw 3 icons that I did not have before. I removed them and rebooted. At this point, I *think* I saw that there was a blank white window on the screen. In the task bar, I saw speech bubble but no text. I right clicked on it and it showed BManager.exe.

At that point I ended the BManager.exe process. I can't recall if it was listed in Add/Remove programs but I know that I did a search on my PC for BManager and found it in a folder called Browser Features. I deleted the folder as BManager.exe was the only thing in there. I rebooted the PC.

When it came up, it looked like I was having trouble trying to get to the sites I use at work. I ran CC Cleaner and MalwareBytes. They both found threats but none were named BManager. The threats were cleaned and deleted and then I rebooted.

I still had issues with IE so I decided to use Restore back to 10/20/2014. When the system came back up, I was no longer able to connect to the domain. It said "The trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain has failed." Things went from bad to worse.

I had the Help Desk try and get me around this but they tried everything they could think of and no go. Tomorrow I'm hoping one of the fellows at work in the Lab Services department can wipe my system and reinstall the OS. Since I couldn't connect to any network drives, I was unable to save any recent work but most everything I need was saved previously.

I just wanted to raise the awareness of this malware. It sure messed my day up....and probably tomorrow too since I can't do anything until they have me up and running with all my programs etc.

Not happy.

It should be possible to remove BManager.exe without a reinstall. A Google search returns several links with info on how. It changes DNS settings, which is probably why your domain connextion failed.

Hi jdc -
    I also saw help online to remove BManager but for some reason, it didn't work for me. They are starting from scratch. The person that will be working on my PC said that it's sometimes better to reinstall everything from scratch. Hmmm.....

Thanks.
    Nancy

Another thing that BManager does, like most malware, is to download and install more malware. A reinstall would make sure that all malware is eliminated.

Read quietman7's post
    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/foru...t-reliability/

Learned something today.

Thread Information