Windows 7 Driver Update

Thread: Windows 7 Driver Update

Windows 7 Driver Update

I have a HP Pavillion computer (DV6-6047cl), that is 2-3 years old with Windows 7-64 bit. During a recent download of software, there was an indication I needed to download Windows 7 Driver Update. I installed it, but have not done anything. It stated I should update all the hardware equipment. I am not sure I should do this.

Any comments or suggestions on this?

Thanks,

Darlene L. Ells

It sounds like you may have been taken in by a fake program bundled with whatever software you installed. It's probably adware/nagware of some sort. If you can't uninstall it and the program you actually wanted via add/remove programs then you may need to visit our intensive care forum for further removal instructions.

But whatever you do don't install anything else that's recommended by that bogus download. It will just compound the problem.

There is very likely a clean download of the original program you wanted elsewhere or an equivalent program. What was it?

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Windows 7 Driver Update

Quote Originally Posted by fink View Post
    It sounds like you may have been taken in by a fake program bundled with whatever software you installed. It's probably adware/nagware of some sort. If you can't uninstall it and the program you actually wanted via add/remove programs then you may need to visit our intensive care forum for further removal instructions.
    Quote Originally Posted by fink View Post

No, it was not. I downloaded it separately on FileHippo.com. Because of your mentioning it was a fake program, I looked it in CCleaner and found out it is by a different company than Microsoft. Thanks for advising me of this fake program.

But whatever you do don't install anything else that's recommended by that bogus download. It will just compound the problem.
    There is very likely a clean download of the original program you wanted elsewhere or an equivalent program. What was it?

I downloaded Any Video Converter & this site was recommended highly by a member of a PC Club that I belong to in my area.

I had a look around for other places to download that program and at snapfiles.com , a reliable place to get software, they say..

FYI: During our review, we found that this program offers to install promotional, third party components. Installation of these components is optional but you should pay attention during setup.
    http://www.snapfiles.com/downloads/a...anyvidcon.html

So it's probable that the driver program just always comes with the converter no matter where you get it and you need to uncheck the secondary install when you install it.

I'd still suggest uninstalling both programs and starting from scratch but look for a box to uncheck to avoid the fake driver program.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

DarElls--
    Just because you are offered a driver update does not mean you have to download it and install it.
    Jim
    WIN7 Ultimate SP1 64bit, IE 11, NTFS,
    cable, MS Security Essentials, Windows 7 firewall

Windows 7 Driver Update

Quote Originally Posted by Welshjim View Post
    DarElls--
    Just because you are offered a driver update does not mean you have to download it and install it.
    This has been RESOLVED!

Thanks for all your help!

DarElls

Thread Information