Windows 10: new build 9860

Thread: Windows 10: new build 9860

Windows 10: new build 9860

http://www.infoworld.com/article/283...-features.html

Build 9860 arrives just three weeks after the original build 9841. While there are some minor changes to the user interface, the major focus is on moving three apps from Windows Phone to Windows 10. Those three apps are little more than stubs at this point, but they point in a decidedly more mobile-friendly direction...

If you have Windows Technical Preview installed, the new build will come rolling out to you -- eventually. Microsoft is pushing build 9860 out to all Windows 10 machines via Automatic Update. Since all Windows 10 machines have Automatic Update turned on, sooner or later you'll get 9860. You can tell which build you're running by looking at the watermark in the lower right corner of the desktop.

If you don't have 9860 yet and you're impatient, just click Start, PC Settings, Update and recovery, Preview builds. If there's no new preview shown, click the Check now button. Then click Install. The installer has to grab between 2.1 and 2.7 gigabytes of data, and the upgrade process takes a long time. If you're on a fast machine with a fast line, figure on an hour. If you're running a virtual machine, don't be surprised if it takes twice that long. No, Microsoft is not making an ISO available -- at this point, your only option is to upgrade online.

MS has issued 2 patches for build 9860, KB 3008956 and KB 3010668:
    http://www.infoworld.com/article/283...b-3010668.html

Thanks for the post, Midknyte.

I'll just mention that I had to click to check for previews, to download the preview, and to install the preview. And then click to install updates.

How does one get windows 10?

Thanks for the info but I believe I will wait for a regular realese

Quote Originally Posted by sheprd View Post
    Thanks for the info but I believe I will wait for a regular realese
    Windows 10 has not been released yet. It is still in the "testing" phase. That's why we mention the build number.

Thread Information