Can't connect to the Internet

Thread: Can't connect to the Internet

Can't connect to the Internet

Operating system is Windows 7. When I try to connect to the internet it says This page can't be displayed. When I click on fix internet connections it says it can not detect the problem. I am connecting wireless. But here is the weird thing I can connect to my work place through Citrix. And interest wireless connection shows it is connected and strength is good.
    Thanks in Advance!!

I am connecting wireless.
    What kind of wireless? A wireless router at home? 4G LTE mobile hotspot?

But here is the weird thing I can connect to my work place through Citrix.
    It sounds like you are connected through a VPN. If so, you'd need to use your workplace's proxy settings in your browser.

If you disconnect from the VPN, you should disable the proxy settings in your browser. I'm assuming you don't use a proxy server at home.

What browser/version are you using?

I have Time Warner Cable. I have an icon that my work's setting are in not sure how they would have gotten in my browser. Have had this setup for years no problem? But how can I check my browser settings?

I have Time Warner Cable.
    So you're using a wireless router at home?

I have an icon that my work's setting are in not sure how they would have gotten in my browser.
    What do you mean an "icon"? Is that a program to connect to your work VPN?

If you are connected to your work VPN (Citrix), your network data would be going through your work proxy. Thus, you would need to enter your work proxy info into the browser's connection settings.

Try disconnecting from your work VPN and see if you can browse normally.

You didn't say which browser/version you have.

Yes a wireless router.
    I have an icon that I click on that connects me to my work place I do not go to my browser only go to the icon that connects me through citrix program neighborhood agent. I completely shut it down and went to my internet and it won't connect. Citrix IP address is entered thru the icon (neighborhood agent) not through my browser. Using IE11

Is this a work computer? Did you contact your workplace's tech support? They would need to provide you the proxy settings. I don't know how your system was set up, so I can only guess. It sounds like you are connecting to work via VPN.

Is Citrix client connecting at startup? Did you log off of the neighborhood agent after you rebooted?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...#1TC=windows-7
    To change proxy server settings

Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button. In the search box, type Internet Explorer, and then, in the list of results, click Internet Explorer.

Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.

Click the Connections tab, and then click LAN settings.

Select the Use a proxy server for your LAN check box.

In the Address box, type the address of the proxy server.

In the Port box, type the port number.

If your network requires separate proxy addresses for different services, such as HTTP, HTTPS, or FTP, click the Advanced button, and then type the individual proxy server addresses to use.

When you are finished making changes, click OK until you return to Internet Explorer.
    See if there are entries in for the proxy server address and port. You can try unchecking "Use a proxy server for your LAN".

Again, it would be best if you contact your workplace's tech support, since they would know the specifics of your configuration.

When I went into this it is checked automatically detect settings. I checked my other laptop and that is what is in it also? I don't know my address either. Tried to do this it is not saving. Also when I go to advanced it says I am already connected to the internet. I reset my settings gonna try that.

When I went into this it is checked automatically detect settings.
    You should uncheck "Automatically detect settings".
    So there was nothing in the "Proxy server" section? If you log off the VPN, you should be able to browse the Internet. If the VPN is connected, you would need to enter your company's proxy settings, assuming they use a proxy server. Since they have a VPN, they probably use a proxy server.

I'm guessing your other laptop is not connected to your work network?

Thread Information