Windows tablet or Android?

Thread: Windows tablet or Android?

Windows tablet or Android?

I have a question about the HP Stream that's on sale for 99. I just sold off my HP Plus 7 with Android. I had BIG problems with the wi-fi operation on the Android and had to always reset default to get the darn wi-fi to work. So I sold it. But I want a tablet because it's lightweight and functional.
    I resell at flea markets and it seems that NOBODY (payment systems) uses Windows 8 as a payment system; it won't interface with payment systems.
    Am I stuck with Android?
    I would only use the tablet for traveling, watching movies,email, camera, and "maybe" taking payment (ala Square) at flea markets.

I just looked at their fee structure and it's $39 a month + the2.9% + 30ยข per transaction. That's pretty steep! I'll keep looking. The Square and Paypal payment devices don't interact with Windows unfortunately. I may be stuck with the Android tablet -- bummer!

I had BIG problems with the wi-fi operation on the Android and had to always reset default to get the darn wi-fi to work.
    That sounds more like a problem with that specific HP tablet than Android as a whole. From the specs, the HP 7 Plus is a low end tablet (Jellybean OS + AllWinner chipset). I don't think it's fair base your opinion of Android solely on that.

If your budget is tight, you could look at something like this:
    http://www.laptopmag.com/reviews/tab...-pad-7-me176cx

Yep, for smaller businesses that don't want a merchant account and sell at low volumes, Square cannot be beat. However, their 2.75% per transaction is pretty steep for higher volumes though.

As an exqmple, let's say my sales for last month were $100,000 times that .0275 = $2,750.00 in fees.

Now compare Intuit's GoPayment at 1.75 percent for swiped charges + 25 cents per transaction along with a monthly merchant account fee of $19.95 per month.

So, $100,000 x .0175 = $1,750 + let's say that was 300 transactions at .25 each = $75 + the $19.95 monthly fee for a grand total of $1,844.95 in fees.

As you can see, in this example GoPayment would be a whopping $905.05 cheaper per month than Square.

Thread Information