USB not working error code 19 in registry ?

Thread: USB not working error code 19 in registry ?

USB not working error code 19 in registry ?

Had several issues with an IP address disappearing , etc after SUperfish malware got on my PC - malwarebytes keeps quarantining as a PUP it but it reappears every times. I THINK it is fairly innocuous but I ended up doing a system restore a week or so ago . After that I had to reinstall the Norton 360 that comes with Comcast and keep getting that my router IP address disappears . Norton troubleshooted , did a lot of stuff and basically told me that I am connected to a secure network , not a problem network , etc - all that is a separate issue but just some background .

Now I try to install a photo viewer via my USB port - Device Manager tells me that Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

I don't use the USB a lot but it has always worked fine before . Can you tell me how to fix the registry without screwing it up ? THANKS . I tried updating the drivers . The area that says uninstall driver ,etc is all greyed out .It says I have the latest driver and that 's about it so something got messed up somewhere along the way either with the system restore which was only to a date a month back before I ever saw Superfish , etc.

I think you should get your system cleaned out first.

Follow the instructions here and create a new thread in the ICU. Make sure to post your Malwarebytes and DDS logs.
    http://discussions.virtualdr.com/sho...ed-4-1-2014%29

If you have a Windows installation disc it may be easier & less time consuming to Dban the hard drive then reinstall Windows than to attempt repairing whatever may be wrong. At times it's easier to start over than spend days trying to fix something plus running Dban and reinstalling makes sure all the bad stuff is gone plus you'll have a pristine operating system to start with again.
    i7 5930K @4.6ghz, Asus X99 Deluxe, 64GB G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Series 2400, XFX R9 290X, Samsung 850 Pro 256gb, 4 Seagate 7200 rpm 2tb, Seasonic X1250, Corsair H105, Asus Xonar Essence STX, LiteOn iHBS212, Plextor 890SA, Corsair 500R, Win 10 Enterprise 64.

Dban works just to well on store baught computers. You lose the recovery partition.

Iam using windows 7, i also got error 19 message (Registry is missing or damaged).
    I installed the driver again from website, Now it is working. try this

Thread Information