[RESOLVED] Skype account

Thread: [RESOLVED] Skype account

Resolved [RESOLVED] Skype account

I am using Skype version 6.20.0.104. I will be changing ISP’s shortly and need to change my primary email contact. When I attempt to change the old primary account by editing my profile it appears to have made the change. When I go back in to see if the edit has worked I still see the old primary account listed. How can I get rid of this old account permanently?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Brian

Brian Sheridan--
    After you make the change you have to click the little check mark (to the right) before exiting your profile page.
    Jim
    WIN7 Ultimate SP1 64bit, IE 11, NTFS,
    cable, MS Security Essentials, Windows 7 firewall

Hi Jim,

I was shown sections to complete every time I went to change my profile (such as first name, last name etc.) but never did fill them in. I decided to do so because I could never get to a page that would ask for my password and after doing so I finally got to a page that asked me for the password. When I did so I was finally able to make the change. I never did see a check mark on the right. The only check mark was on the left and it was to confirm that my change had been completed.

Thanks for your help,

Brian

Brian Sheridan--
    Your original question was about changing the email address in your Skype profile, not your first name, last name, etc.
    You access the email address by clicking "Show full profile" right under the Office Phone line.
    Jim
    WIN7 Ultimate SP1 64bit, IE 11, NTFS,
    cable, MS Security Essentials, Windows 7 firewall

Jim,

That is what I tried but any time I made a change it would seemingly accept it and would not allow me to save it. I then went to “Manage” right under my name at the top of the profile. This took me to a page with my profile and my profile completeness was shown as 15%. At the bottom of the page there is a section called “contact Details”. This is where I tried to change my Primary email account after selecting “edit”. When I attempted to save the changes I made it showed red rectangles outlined under the “Personal Information” above the Contact Details indicating sections which had no information in them. These were First Name, Last Name etc. I decided to try completing this area and it was only after I did so that they then asked to insert my password for security reasons. It was only after I did this that I managed to save the editing I had done.

Thread Information