YouTube Videos No Longer Downloading With Realplayer

Thread: YouTube Videos No Longer Downloading With Realplayer

YouTube Videos No Longer Downloading With Realplayer

For the last several years Realplayer has successfully downloaded YouTube videos.

I believe it was this past year that files now download as DASH files and then Realplayer automatically converts them to MP4s. However this hasn't worked 100% of the time and there are errors.

After Windows 7 installed some automatic updates on 9-11-14 Realplayer has now stopped downloading from YouTube only. Other websites work just fine. But ANY YouTube video of any size or on any date only downloads as a DASH file and then fails to convert 100% of the time. The error message reads, "Download incomplete. Refresh page and try again."

Things I've already tried:

-Downloading latest updated "Realplayer 17." Identical result.

-Opening Realplayer Converted to convert the DASH file. Result, "Could not convert."

-System Restore to pre 9-11. Windows 7 would not let me restore before this date.

Is there a way to either convert DASH files? Undo the problem Windows 7 updates which automatically installed on 9-11? Or do a System Restore to pre 9-11? Or a new codec I need to download for YouTube?

Remember, I can still download from other websites just fine. And I've successfully uploaded videos to YouTube.

Thanks.

Do you have Internet Download Manager installed?

http://en.kioskea.net/faq/8514-real-...ymotion-videos

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Real products are invasive, and I chucked them years ago. Try YTD Video Downloader, which also converts formats. http://ytddownloader.com/

Win7 Ult/ 3.40 GHZ Intel Core i5-3570K /ASRock mobo Z77 Pro4 /SSD/ EUFI MS 3400 MHZ/8 GB RAM; Win 7 Ult/Verizon FIOS wired network
    Waterfox Classic/Chrome / Firefox 115esr
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "The medium is the message." - Marshall McLuhan

I will try YTD Downloader and report back.

The article refers making sure Realpayer is active and working. That's not the problem. It is downloading from every site. However for YouTube only it is not converting the downloaded DASH file.

Worth noting is that Youtube often changes settings and formats to discourage downloading and saving videos because of DRM/copyright laws. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if that's what you're experiencing. And if it is then it may take a little while for the makers of your downloading software to catch up and make necessary changes.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Sounds about right. If this is correct then millions of other users would be just as mad as I am. There should be articles about this somewhere but I've found none.

After installing YTD I remembered that I'd used it before and it's not what I'm looking for.

I think the key solutions are still:

-Finding a way to convert a DASH file.
    -Or undoing Windows 7's 9/11 update.

Dollanganger--
    There is also Real Player Alternative
    http://www.free-codecs.com/download/...lternative.htm
    Jim
    WIN7 Ultimate SP1 64bit, IE 11, NTFS,
    cable, MS Security Essentials, Windows 7 firewall

I also use Freemake Video D/L and Moyea FLV Downloader, and Freemake also makes a converter that's not free. But I've never come across a DASH file.

Win7 Ult/ 3.40 GHZ Intel Core i5-3570K /ASRock mobo Z77 Pro4 /SSD/ EUFI MS 3400 MHZ/8 GB RAM; Win 7 Ult/Verizon FIOS wired network
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dollenganger--
    FWIW.
    http://www.file-extensions.org/convert-dash-to-mp4

".dash file are for watching and not for downloading"

However,
    http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/For...ibraryfeedback
    Last edited by Welshjim; September 17th, 2014 at 02:04 PM.
    Jim
    WIN7 Ultimate SP1 64bit, IE 11, NTFS,
    cable, MS Security Essentials, Windows 7 firewall

Someone always wants a workaround, a hack or an update for everything on the web. Why can't some things just BE? Just a rhetorical Q.

Sorry I haven't responded. I've been busy.

I think we've gotten off topic. I believe there is an IE setting or another Add On which is causing IE to not read YouTube's web page properly, hence the downloading problems.

As a test I was able to download YouTube videos imbedded in blogs.

Let's search for a solution by checking IE settings and interfering Add Ons.
    Last edited by Dollanganger; September 19th, 2014 at 05:09 PM.

I'm trying the YTD program an it's working fine so far. I'd confused it for another bad program.

The videos download 10x faster than before!

The only issue is that the files are about 4x the size of the Realplayer downloaded files.

YTD is also annoying in asking for a user name and password for YouTube videos flagged for adults.

I'll have to see how liquid the YTD videos are for editing. But so far it is working.

Thread Information