E-mail link in Excel

Thread: E-mail link in Excel

E-mail link in Excel

Hi there,

I have created a two column list in Excell. The first column has the persons name, the second their e-mail address. The list has about 80 names in it. I want to link the e-mail address so that it can be individually click to open OE or the whole list can be copied and pasted into OE.

I can create the underlined link by doing each entry individually, but that will take too much time. How do I select the entire e-mail column and link the whole lot in a few clicks?

I have Googled but every result tells me how to link individual entries.

Thanks

Rex
    What if the Hokey Cokey IS what it's all about?

For example:

Add the following forumla into cell C1:

=hyperlink("mailto:"&b1,a1)

and then copy it into cell C2 down through C5:

Then if you like, select all in column C and add Underline and change the color to LightBlue:

Thanks for that. Is it not possible to just have the link on B rather than A and C being the same data? Your advice works, but I will be distributing the list and I would like just the two columns, Name and E-mail address.

I can add an OE link to an individual e-mail address, but there must be an easy way select 50 in the list and link with OE with a few clicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex A. Butcher View Post

... but there must be an easy way select 50 in the list and link with OE with a few clicks.
    You would think. Hopefully someone else will be along soon with some other ideas to try.

I guess it will just be easier to work my way through the list, one at a time.

If you want to select multiple cells in a column that have hyperlinks, try this:

Select the cell just to the left of the first cell in the column that you really want to select, then use the left arrow key to move the selected cell to the first one in the column you want to select. Scroll down to the last cell in the column that you want to select, and then hold down the shift key and click on that cell. This should select a group of cells in the column.

Selecting them all is not a problem. Somehow, I managed to get them all blue with underline. But click on any one, and nothing happens; or more specifically, the active cell outline jumps to the top of the column. To date, it seems that hyperlinking is not linking to e-mail. If on the other hand, I select each one individually, I can go through the hyperlink process and link the selected address to OE.

That is what I am now working my through; not toooooo arduous since there are only a round 70 cells. But it would be interesting to know the fast way to do it.

Thread Information