[RESOLVED] incorrectly saved credentials causing an issue Heeeeelp

Thread: [RESOLVED] incorrectly saved credentials causing an issue Heeeeelp

Resolved [RESOLVED] incorrectly saved credentials causing an issue Heeeeelp

Hi Guys, Windows server 2012 r2 essentials causing me an issue I cant find an answer to. Hope somebody has found an answer to this already. I have enabled remote web work place and entered the incorrect credentials and like a fool I didn't check and just ticked the tick box to say remember. I have a windows xp client trying to connect. I log in through the remote page and all is ok, I then try to connect to my device and the rdp logon box comes up with the saved credentials. in the old days you could edit these but not anymore. I have checked client side in password manager (credentials manager) and there is nothing there, I have entered the logon details for that site and tried to force the correct credentials but no luck.

I do remember seeing that the password prompt said remember the passwords for remote machine and ts gateway so i am assuming I will find the credentials saved on the server. BUT WHERE ??

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards Dave

Well I think these credentials must be stored on the server, not sure where to look though. I have exhausted all avenues client side. I am scratching my head confused, its probably staring me in the face.

Another link that might be useful.

http://superuser.com/questions/60448...ls-not-working

jdc2000 thanks for your assistance with this issue. I did trawl through all the information on the links provided of which I did know a lot of the content but as always not everything. However the answer to my issue was far simpler than anything in these links.

So the answer was................... the credentials are stored in the Active X connector that you download when first connecting to the remote site. On internet explorer tools/manage add-ons/show all add-ons scroll to Microsoft RDP client control double click and listed should be your remote connection click remove all connections. When you log onto the site again it prompts you to download Active X again and to input credentials again, tick box to remember and the issue should be resolved.

Regards

Dave

Thanks for posting the fix. It may help someone else with the same issue.

Thread Information