Music Doesn't Play!

Thread: Music Doesn't Play!

Music Doesn't Play!

This began as I was installing a webcam, a Logitech C920. That was going ok but I noted that I couldn't get any sync-ed voice sound from playback. I could pull music up out of my computer files (WMA files, etc) but nothing else. So...I tweaked here and tweaked there and next thing that happens is that ALL response from my Advent sub-woofer etc sound system is OUT. DVD player doesn't work, headphone jack, nada! I've tested the speakers on my laptop. No problem. So something is going on w/R/T my settings or sound card. Any wisdom here? Thanks. I may have inadvertently switched default devices but I've tried so many combinations now that I'm dizzy.

Art Rosch
    artrosch.com
    Windows 7 64
    Speaker driver Realtek
    Art
    www.artsdigitalphoto.com

I would reinstall the sound card drivers. If they came on a CD with your sound card then use those. If you let windows choose then open control panel> device manager and right click the sound card driver and select "uninstall" then reboot the computer to let Windows automatically reinstall them. See pic for an idea of what to look for..

Once they are installed then you'll need to start from scratch with the webcam and try a different solution to get the sound synced. Possibly downloading the latest drivers from the webcam's own website.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

music won't play

Quote Originally Posted by fink View Post
    I would reinstall the sound card drivers. If they came on a CD with your sound card then use those. If you let windows choose then open control panel> device manager and right click the sound card driver and select "uninstall" then reboot the computer to let Windows automatically reinstall them. See pic for an idea of what to look for..

Once they are installed then you'll need to start from scratch with the webcam and try a different solution to get the sound synced. Possibly downloading the latest drivers from the webcam's own website.
    It makes sense, what you're saying. The sound card driver came with the motherboard, and I can't locate the disc, but I imagine Gigabyte can provide me with the same drivers.
    I'm a little hesitant. Somehow a second sound card driver got in there and even though I set one to default, it isn't playing. I can see which one is playing because it shows a little green indicator light showing volume. I think I'll try this in the morning.

Thanks
    Art
    www.artsdigitalphoto.com

No joy. I've tried uninstalll/install for both sound drivers (although one at a time) and there's still nothing coming from my speakers. I'm stuck!
    Art
    www.artsdigitalphoto.com

I have a little box that pops up whenever I input a device (audio). It has check boxes for Mic, Speaker R, Speaker L, etc. I was fooling around and I put it to HEADPHONE and connected my main output jack. Voila! Good hi-def sound. Connecting when speaker/center woofer is checkmarked, nothing happens. I may have a corrupted driver? I DL'd Realtek's latest driver but right now I"m just happy to have sound back and am not inclined to mess with it.
    Art
    www.artsdigitalphoto.com

Thread Information