Programs missing from add/remove programs in control panel - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Programs missing from add/remove programs in control panel

I have been on regedit and to the folder of Uninstall and my programs are not listed there.

Revo uninstaller lists exactly what add/remove programs lists. It doesn't show up the missing programs.

IMPORTANT BIT: Any program I uninstall that dates AFTER 25/08//2014 will show up in the uninstall program list. I have noticed this as today I installed Revo uninstaller and tried recuva and they both showed up.

If that was the entire log, then something has removed the entries. Options to get them back include:

Try your restore point. You would have to reinatall Word, and there is no guarantee that this would work, since we don't know how long they have been gone.

Reinstall each program that should be there. Tedious.

Restore a backup that had the entries, if you have one.

Once you get the issue fixed, it might be a good time to create an image backup of your system.

OK, I will try my restore point.

Some questions:
    1) Why do I need to reinstall the programs? All the missing programs from the uninstall list still work, they're just missing from the list.
    2)How would I restore a back
    3) If a fix is achieved then how would I create an image backup of the system?

When you install software, that is when the registry keys for the uninstall are added, so they appear in the Add/Remove programs list. If the registry keys are removed, one way to get them back is a reinstall.

To create and restore an image backup, you need to use some software that performs those functions.

I am happy to announce that he system restore worked! At first my AV blocked it, turning it off worked.

Now I will create the image.
    I read online that you don't need to install software in order to create a system image. Is this correct?

All my programs are now in the list.

Oh and Microsoft Office does not need to be installed as it was previously installed prior to the issue which began on the 25th.
    I suppose I was lucky to have a restore point for the 15th.

What media can I use to create the image?
    I have tried a 8 gb Usb but it wasn't available to be used to save the image.

Thread Information