Logitech mouse and keyboard will not work

Thread: Logitech mouse and keyboard will not work

Logitech mouse and keyboard will not work

I was given a Logitech MK700 wireless keyboard and mouse. When I plug in the small USB gadget the computer said it was installed and ready to work but neither the keyboard or mouse will work even with new batteries. I tried it on XP, Win 7 and Win 8. Any ideas? Mouse is a M-RCH105.
    Dell XPS 420. Win 7 Home. 2.5G Intel Core 2 Quad.
    Seagate 1 T HDD and Seagate 250 G HDD.6G Ram.Acer 23 inch monitor.
    Verizon FIOS.

Usually you'd get basic mouse/keyboard functioning without the proper drivers installed but try installing the drivers..

http://www.logitech.com/en-ca/suppor...osid=14&bit=64

and see if that works.

It's possible you may need to run the "unifying software" subsection of the driver package after it's installed to get them working if the mouse and keyboard weren't originally paired with that USB dongle from the factory. Note that you can use your existing keyboard and mouse alongside the new ones until the new ones are up and running... that makes it easier to install everything.

Also, did you reboot the computer after plugging in the dongle? try that too and see if you do get some functions.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

I downloaded and installed the drivers but they are still not working. Could I buy a new dongle?
    Verizon FIOS.

I've had a look at Logitech's help forum and apparently the MK700 combo doesn't work with unifying software either [even though they have the unifying logo (?!)] which means it wouldn't help getting a new dongle even though that would be premature since we don't know for sure that's the problem.

Here's the post discussing the MK700..

http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Keyboa...00/td-p/538466

The seem to be quite helpful at Logitech so perhaps you may want to start a thread there and the people there can have some suggestions. According to that thread there's only one specific older dongle that will work with the MK700 (again, if that's the problem) but they don't say how to get one.

See if your dongle matches this one.. http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/...ail/a_id/13864

garybeafl--
    With Microsoft wireless Keyboard/Mouse the dongle (which I understand to be the USB wireless receiver) will only work with the Keyboard/Mouse it came with. And there is no way to match another dongle to them.
    I do not know if Logitech Keyboard/Mouse are the same, but it would be logical since otherwise people near each other could be operating the other's Keyboard/Mouse.
    Jim
    WIN7 Ultimate SP1 64bit, IE 11, NTFS,
    cable, MS Security Essentials, Windows 7 firewall

Jim,

It is the same except the newer Logitech hardware/software includes the "unifying" option which allows you to add any Logitech mouse or keyboard to a dongle so long as it's got the unifying elements built in. They started that about 4-5 years ago and I have my mouse/kb combo set up to use it.

Oddly his MK700 combo is supposed to be unifying but Logitech says it doesn't work despite that. Could be it they were one of the earliest ones to have it but it they updated/changed specs and isn't totally backwards compatible. Just a guess.

I was playing with my laptop earlier (because I have nothing better to do on a labor day weekend LOL) and tried my older Logitech "Anywhere" wireless mouse just because. It didn't work initially but after I turned the mouse on and off a couple of times Windows started to recognize it and it worked.

Maybe try doing that and see what happens.

Thanks, I'll try that.
    Verizon FIOS.

I give up on this. Walmart is selling one like this for $20.00.I don't like the Logitech website either.
    Verizon FIOS.

Thread Information