DD WRT

Thread: DD WRT

DD WRT

Had to get a new router due to lightning zapping my old one. Picked up a Trendnet Tew 812dru-V2 router and am running DD WRT firmware on it. I have gotten as high as 288Mbps via 5Ghz, and 188Mbps via 2.4 Ghz. Wondering if anyone has any tips on improving the 2.4 Ghz performance? My house has plaster walls.

188Mbps is still pretty good. You won't be able to match the 5GHz speed on 2.4GHz anyway.

Did you check your area to make sure there aren't other wireless networks on the same channel?
    http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_information_view.html

I don't have a Trendnet, but some routers have the option to change the Tx (transmit) power. That can also cause the router to heat up more. You'll have to look up what is the recommended Tx power for your model.

Tx is set at default 71 for both. The fan is set to come on at 60C but I haven't heard it come on yet when I'm in the room with the router. There are a few networks around, but they are not using channel 6, so I am.
    If I want to set up a guest network occasionally, would it be best to just add a virtual interface at the time?

If I want to set up a guest network occasionally, would it be best to just add a virtual interface at the time?
    You can setup the Guest SSID, but I wouldn't enable it unless you need to.

Thanks. Only plan on enabling it when guests come over and need wifi for their phones, tablets etc.

The DD-WRT firmware designed for this router is impressive to say the least. Multiple GUI styles, processor overclocking etc. etc. I am using the firmware from the DD-WRT site as it is newer and I was experiencing some GUI freezing with the open source firmware from Trendnet.

Thread Information