Camera quit, and Skype

Thread: Camera quit, and Skype

Camera quit, and Skype

When Skype cut off my Skype v5.3 and forced me to go up to v 6.18, my USB camera stopped working. Now it will not work in Skype or in windows (alone, with Skype not loaded). I put another one of the same model on, and it will not work either.

I uninstalled all the USB, and restarted the computer. It loaded a lot of USB things. Still it will not load on Skype. It just keeps the little screw thing going for hours. When I turn the camera function off, then back on, it shows my pic momentarily, then starts trying to load.

I was trying to do a restore or fix the XP, (on XP SP3 CD), but do not see that option.

Both cameras work on my laptop.
    If it is working fine with no conflicts, DON'T up-grade it, Leave it alone, and count your blessings!

If you are like me, sick of microsoft updates causing crashes, and making things quit working, inability to uninstall things, switch to Linux, where upgrades ARE backward compatable! Linux is FREE and Thousands of programs also are free for it!

I'm no expert on this but you might want to visit the homepage for your cam and check for any updates for drivers etc.

Did you install any other usb device around the same time? I installed a numark mixing deck which stopped my cam from working because of some conflict on my xp machine.
    Last edited by oldskool1964; August 25th, 2014 at 09:44 AM.
    Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 (32Bit OS)
    Manufacturer - Dell (Inspiron Desktop 546 Minitower)
    Processor - AMD Athlon (tm) 64 x2 Dual Core Processor 5200+ 2.70 GHz
    Memory - 3072MB (3 x 1024) 800MHz DDR2 Dual Channel
    System Type - 32 bit
    Hard Drive 500GB Serial ATA non Raid (7200Rpm)
    Graphics - 512mb ATI Radeon HD 4350
    Monitor - Acer P223W 22" LCD (using DVI)

The cam had been working for years. I have no idea as to who manufactured it. No name or model number on it. In the System, it shows camera #9. The ONLY change was the one Skype forced me to do.
    If it is working fine with no conflicts, DON'T up-grade it, Leave it alone, and count your blessings!

If you are like me, sick of microsoft updates causing crashes, and making things quit working, inability to uninstall things, switch to Linux, where upgrades ARE backward compatable! Linux is FREE and Thousands of programs also are free for it!

Just a guess, but Skype probable no longer supports your camera.

How to set up and verify
    https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA3...indows-desktop

Trouble shooting link at the bottom of the page.

Thread Information