[RESOLVED] Start up items

Thread: [RESOLVED] Start up items

Resolved [RESOLVED] Start up items

Hi there,

Not sure if this is the correct listing, but here goes. Running XP Pro sp3. Read about Process Hacker so installed it to see what it has to offer. It offers more than I know what to do with, so uninstalled it.

However, I did notice in the start-up section, two entries that I cannot find with msconfig or AutoStart and Googling has produced zilch. The two files are named ywtkax.job and roc_reg_jan.job.

Anyone able to shed some light on what they are?

And while in the topic of msconfig, I notice that one of the running services is Microsoft Antimalware Service but the manufacturer is listed as 'Unknown.' How come?

Thanks

Rex
    What if the Hokey Cokey IS what it's all about?

.job items are things in task scheduler. You can have a look there to see if there are further clues as to what tasks they are creating... control panel > Scheduled Tasks

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Many thanks. There are three files in Schedule Tasks and one is roc_reg_jan_delete; so I did since it had a X beside it and seems to be AVG related, which I no longer use. The other two are Sys Restore (which has never run on a schedule!) and a Flash Updater (could I turn that off?)

Rex

I would leave Adobe Flash updater on. It's often got important security updates. I'm not positive but sys restore could be there to regularly take a snapshot of system files in case it's needed for emergencies... I'd leave that as well since it isn't causing any problems.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

No worries; leaving Flash and SysRestore on. Just don't like strange files that to the best of my knowledge, seem to appear for no apparent reason and cannot find any reference on Google.

Thanks

Thread Information