Disappearing Content

Thread: Disappearing Content

Disappearing Content

I have a fairly new ACER PC running Windows 8.1 and employing Firefox (31.0) as a browser. Last week something odd happened. There are many Fox Sports websites that I regularly visit and comment on the story content. All of a sudden, none of the comments, mine or others, were appearing when the pages open. Now, entire stories are not showing up. This is not the case when I access these same pages on my laptop (Windows 7, same browser with identical add-ons). Any idea on why this might be happening?

I have been experiencing this as well on 3 or 4 sites with Win 7 and Firefox 31. I have to switch to another browser to view them. Not always the whole site, just select stories/pages. I will visit Fox sports and see if it happens there too.

I havent' been able to read any comments on nfl.com with firefox for at least 6 months.

I don't have a solution unfortunately.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

I checked Fox sports pages and I cannot see comments on some articles that I'm sure must have some with either browser on both Win 7 desktop and 8.1 tablet.

eg- http://www.foxsports.com/southwest/s...s-on-me-082014

does have comments.

http://www.foxsports.com/west/story/...ve-jobs-082014

Does not have any comments.

Both articles have been around for over 24 hours so I'm more than sure that they both would have had readers saying something, not just one of them.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Did you try running FF without the addons?
    https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb...sing-safe-mode

What addons are you running?

Did you try IE or Chrome to see if they work?

I have tried disabling all my add-ons, one at a time, but nothing changes. Like I said, using Windows 7 with the same browser and the same add-ons, I don't have any issues. This issue just started couple of weeks ago. I haven't made any changes. Just seems odd. I have used Firefox for a long time. The one time I used Chrome (on a different PC), it was using a ton of memory so I switched back. I won't use IE.

The one time I used Chrome (on a different PC), it was using a ton of memory so I switched back. I won't use IE.
    My point was to test if those browsers work, not to use them permanently. If other browsers have the same issue on that PC, then it's probably not a FF problem.

You could also try running the portable version of FF and see if that works. If the portable version works, then you might have a problem with your installed FF or profile.
    http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/firefox_portable

I have tried disabling all my add-ons, one at a time, but nothing changes. Like I said, using Windows 7 with the same browser and the same add-ons, I don't have any issues.
    Ok. I just wanted you to try, since it could be something with those addons on Win8.1 vs Win7. Otherwise, you could try a FF reset. You'll have to reinstall your extensions/addons, though.
    https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb...-most-problems

I'm starting to believe the problem is with Fox Sports. I had trouble with a couple of their pages with my laptop last night as well. Just not the same ones. Odd.

Hmm. I don't usually go to Fox Sports. Not sure what else to tell you. Bleacher Report is my choice for sports.

FWIW, the Comments near the bottom of your foxsports.com page are "Powered by Livefyre". "www.livefyre.com" redirects to "web.livefyre.com" which Ghostery (add-on) apparently doesn't like.

For the record, the comments DO show up if I switch to IE, so it must be some sort of conflict between the sites and Firefox (or and add-on or plug in).

Like I said above, Ghostery is one Firefox add-on that can block them.

You already tried with all addons disabled, right?

You didn't list the addons you have installed, so we can't say what would be causing the issue. Disconnect is another addon that will block content.

Thread Information