USB Drive Menu Creator/Maker

Thread: USB Drive Menu Creator/Maker

Question USB Drive Menu Creator/Maker

I need to make a menu for an external USB drive that will be used by a complete uninitiate. This drive will have approx 250 video files, and I need to create an autoplay menu, so that every time they plug the drive in, they get a complete menu of available videos to easily search through then watch the movies.

I would very much prefer either open-source or at least freeware, but I'm open to suggestions. Most of the applications I've evaluated so far have a hard limit of less than 250 items on the menu/menus. This is a deal-breaker, I have to include all available selections, which at this time is exactly 244, but I'm expecting a few more on future updates.

Got suggestions???
    Various Windows and Linux platforms...

A HTML page that opens in their browser ... as plain or as fancy as you like.

yeah... I'm hoping to find something that can/will generate the menu automatically from the directory/file listing of the folder itself. This is a dynamically changing environment, and ideally I could bypass the individual "link" creations...

Looks like it would probably work... was hoping for open-source stuff. I MAY get ambitious enough to write something... I don't think this should be too difficult if I can just devote a little time to it. Either Python or Java might work...

Yep, or PSP. One poor-man's way would be to do a "dir /b > filelist.txt", open it in Excel, dupe that column, insert columns with the necessary HTML code, copy the results to a text file, eliminate all of the two or more spaces and then save it as .html file.

Thread Information