msmln not responding

Thread: msmln not responding

msmln not responding

When going into powerpoint to view slides, it takes time to load all the slides. Scrolling does not function instantly even changing to the next slide. Not very sure browsing net is slow as it is common to get different speed during the day. Each time booting into XP the task manager shows 'msmln not responding'. Ending task on 'msmln' allows powerpoint to work as normal. What is 'msmln'? How do I permanently get rid of it?

Follow suggestions in this thread.
    http://discussions.virtualdr.com/sho...-Program-msmln

Quote Originally Posted by Train View Post
    TQ Train for the reminder of the post previously. It was me who faced this problem which was resolved by clean installed. But this problem comes back just now. Is 'clean install' the only choice? Am more interested to understand and remedy the problem rather to 'reset' it.

Let us use a better search engine this time.
    Download and install Search everything
    http://www.voidtools.com/
    See if it will find that msmln
    Note the address if it finds it.
    I gave up on windows search years ago.

Tried it with Search everything but no trace of 'msmln'. No clue can be found in google too. Just don't know where to seek help. Don't give up Train. Expert like you can resolve it.

In the previous thread I'd asked for a screenshot...

Also, in task manager right click msmln, click "properties" and take screenshots of the "General" and "Details" tabs and let us see them.
    but never got them. Try doing that now.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Good step fink.

Quote Originally Posted by fink View Post
    In the previous thread I'd asked for a screenshot...

but never got them. Try doing that now.
    Sorry for that fink, no properties shown when right click it. Task manager only shows msmln not responding twice. End task on 'msmln' enables pc to run normally. Not happy with that, 'clean install' a fresh xp to check task manager after every software installation. Discovered a 'powerpoint job' was the culprit, but cutting out/deleting the said 'powerpoint' from the pc did not help anymore. the 'msmln not responding' sticks in the pc everytime booting in. The only way I know now is 'clean install' again, this time the 'powerpoint job' is not introduced to this pc, everything goes well. BUT I took this 'powerpoint job' to be used in another pc, it went well without 'msmln' problem. Why? Why? Hope to learn from the experts here.

We still need a screen capture of the Task Manager view. My guess as to why you are not finding anything on Google is that the name of the file is really something like msmin, which would be Outlook Express related.

You maybe miss reading a dos like name. We can figure that out from the screen shots.

Regret did not have a screenshot before 'clean install'. Presently pc is working fine. Would not want to use this 'powerpoint job' in this pc for now. Would certainly produce the screen shot if come across it again. TQ for the time and effort.

Good luck!

Thread Information