[RESOLVED] Windows 7 32/64 bit download - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [RESOLVED] Windows 7 32/64 bit download

Success I put my new Hard drive into my Lenovo S10 netbook then attached a dvd player, inserted the Win 7 Prof dvd and it installed perfectly.
    No new drivers were needed and it run fast like it use to. I am having one problem. On shut down I get a message installing 186 updates so I leave it
    run almost all night. It stops downloading at 146 updates and will go no further. I force a shutdown and reboot. Then I get a message installing updates.
    It works for a while then I get a message Failure reverting system. This has happened 4 times and each time I get a failure message. How in Win 7 Prof
    do you change settings so windows gives me notice of updates available and lets me decide when to install and what to install? Maybe if I limit the
    updates to just a few, maybe 30 they will install and I can keep selecting a few at a time.

Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by jerryhillman View Post

Success I put my new Hard drive into my Lenovo S10 netbook then attached a dvd player, inserted the Win 7 Prof dvd and it installed perfectly.
    No new drivers were needed and it run fast like it use to.
    Excellent.

I am having one problem. On shut down I get a message installing 186 updates so I leave it
    run almost all night. It stops downloading at 146 updates and will go no further. I force a shutdown and reboot. Then I get a message installing updates.
    It works for a while then I get a message Failure reverting system. This has happened 4 times and each time I get a failure message. How in Win 7 Prof
    do you change settings so windows gives me notice of updates available and lets me decide when to install and what to install? Maybe if I limit the
    updates to just a few, maybe 30 they will install and I can keep selecting a few at a time.
    Google: "windows 7" disable auto-updates
    Last edited by SpywareDr; August 24th, 2014 at 05:11 PM.

My Lenovo S10 with Win 7 prof is working great. I got a funny message from Microsoft. One time only a window pop up
    saying my key was not valid, do you want to buy a valid key. It never came up again. I am wondering if I was sent an
    invalid key and I am running on a trial basis? Also where is the site that gives the speed of processors?

Jerry

Click the Start orb, right-click Computer and select Properties. Down at the bottom it will tell you if "Windows is activated" and show you the "Product ID". You can also see the speed (MHz/GHz) of your "Processor" (CPU) near the middle of that screen in the "System" section.

I followed direction and could not find "activated" anywhere. How can I get Bing on my netbook. I like all the changing screens.

Jerry

I followed direction and could not find "activated" anywhere.
    It's down at the bottom. See these screenshots for examples:

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...ted%22&spell=1

How can I get Bing on my netbook. I like all the changing screens.
    Change your homepage to http://www.bing.com

?

My Win 7 prof is running fine, but it is slow. Several times when I booted the computer I got a warning from Microsoft that the key
    I used was invalid, enter another key or buy one. I did not have my key with me so I just dismissed the warning. I have been waiting
    for this warning to appear again so I can put the key in again. The warning has not appeared again in over a week. When I installed
    Win 7 and entered the key a little green check appeared after I finished entering the key meaning they accepted the key. I do not
    know whats going on here. Is there any actions I should take. Can they shut down my win 7?

Jerry

Click the Start orb, right-click Computer and select Properties, then down at the bottom click the "Change product key" link.

Example screenshot: http://www.sevenforums.com/attachmen..._activated.jpg

My Win 7 prof was showing not valid in pop ups on my screen. I called
    Microsoft to check it out. They took over my computer and said I did
    have a valid key but the problem was caused in the registry. Then they
    took took a scan and said I was full of virus and 286 registry errors.
    They wanted $249 to fix all the problems. My hard drive is brand new
    and I did a clean install of Win 7. I did not believe them and said no.
    I feel Microsoft was trying to scam me. Its hard to believe they would
    do that. I did a virus check with Norton 360 and found nothing.

Jerry
    Last edited by jerryhillman; September 11th, 2014 at 02:45 PM.

Jerry,

That does not sound like you were actually talikng to a Microsoft rep. What phone number did you use to call them? It was a scam of course.

If you have Windows Update KB2918614, try uninstalling it and see if you still get the key error.
    http://www.infoworld.com/t/microsoft...-errors-249973

I did a virus check with Norton 360 and found nothing.
    What are you using to scan for malware? If you haven't already, do a scan with Malwarebytes.

MS Answer Desk does charge for the "Professional" services, but I think it's $99/session.
    http://support.microsoft.com/answerdesk

I googled microsoft and got the Microsoft #

Jerry

Please post the number you rang, just so we can check it's the correct one.

Thread Information