[RESOLVED] Windows 7 32/64 bit download
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [RESOLVED] Windows 7 32/64 bit download

Resolved [RESOLVED] Windows 7 32/64 bit download

I am trying to get Win 7 32 bit at a low price. I bought Win 32/64 bit at a low price only to discover it is a download. I did not download it
    and may try to cancel the order. But I need to know how good are the downloads. Will they work as good as a DVD install disk. Also can they
    be installed again if I trash the computer I installed it on. They did e-mail me the program key but I am weary of this download and will not use
    it if I find out these download do not work good. I am going to put win 7 on a laptop that I got a new hard drive for. Should I use the download
    or buy a DVD install disk?

Jerry

Will they work as good as a DVD install disk.
    You'd need to download the .iso file and burn your own DVD. Otherwise, you can install it onto a flash drive.

http://www.w7forums.com/threads/offi...wnloads.12325/

Also can they be installed again if I trash the computer I installed it on.
    If it is a RETAIL license, not an OEM license, then yes.

You didn't say where you bought the license, so we can't be sure if they are legit or not.

The name of the company is: WindowsPoint I found them on the web in search of Win 7.
    Is the company a good company? Is there any place I can buy a Win 7 prof. 32bit DVD for under $100?

Jerry

Never heard of that company before. Not really sure of any reputable places. Maybe someone else can post some info. If anything, you'd probably have to find an OEM license. MS stopped sellling Retail Win7 last year.

The pricing on this site are great. See below. What is the difference in OEM and Standard. Can either one of these be installed on another computer
    when my 1st computer crashes and I want to install on another computer?

Microsoft Windows 7 Professional - 32/64-bit - Complete package
    $74.98 from 10+ stores
    90 product reviews
    DVD-ROM · pricing: Standard

With Windows 7 Professional, fewer walls stand between you and your success. You can run many Windows XP productivity programs in Windows XP Mode ...
    Microsoft Windows 7 Professional w/SP1 - 32-bit - License and media
    Microsoft Windows 7 Professional w/SP1 - 32-bit - License and media
    $74.97 from 50+ stores
    In stock nearby
    22 product reviews
    English · DVD-ROM · pricing: OEM
    With Windows 7 Professional, fewer walls stand between you and your success. You can run many Windows XP productivity programs in Windows XP Mode .

The difference in the meaning of "Standard" and "OEM" would depend on the individual vendor, but, if it doesn't specifically say it's the "Full" Windows version, then it can only be installed on one computer.

Google's Froogle site simply scans vendor's websites for whatever it is you're looking for and then displays it in an organized list that can be sorted. What I usually do is right-click on one of the Froogle links that says "$x.xx from xx+ stores" and open it in a new browser window. I then sort that list by the "Total Price" column and visually scan down the "Sellers" column on the left for a vendor that I recognize and trust. If I don't see anything I like, I close that window and go on to the next Froogle link.

OEM is tied to the hardware it is installed on, I.E. you can't move the license to another computer. That's why I said you'd need Retail, not OEM. I think Standard refers to Retail. You can read the EULA for more info.
    http://download.microsoft.com/downlo...strictions.pdf

I ordered Win7 prof, full version with sp1 installed. I am going to take my Lenovo S10 Net Book and put a new hard drive inside it 250G speed 7200
    then attach an external DVD drive and put in the Win 7 DVD to install it. I hope this is the correct way to do it. Am I missing any steps here.
    Are most of the drivers in win 7 prof, or do I need to get some? Any install tips will be appreciated.

Jerry

I downloaded the iso X86 file but I am not sure how to use it. It says it contains sp1 for Win 7. The copy I bought is a full version of win 7 with sp1.
    How do I use this file. Install it before or after I install Win7. Do I really need to install the iso file?

Jerry

How to burn a iso file
    http://www.wikihow.com/Burn-ISO-Files-to-DVD

Burn to USB stick
    http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/263648-32-burn

Once you have it on the stick or dvd, your choice, boot to it and it will start the install.

I am very confused about iso files and what they are. Since I have a Windows 7 prof DVD full program with sp1
    already on the DVD why can't I just install it directly to the new Hard Drive on my Lenovo S 10 netbook?
    If I have to use the iso file is it installed after I have installed Win 7. I downloaded the correct iso file
    and put it into a folder. If I need to use it can I put the file into a folder of my Lenovo S10 and click on it
    to begin the install of the iso file. Please explain what an iso file is and why do I need it.

Jerry

A .ISO file is an image of a CD/DVD disc stored in a .ISO file.

If you then burn that .ISO file to a new CD/DVD, (with the correct software), you would have an exact copy of the original CD/DVD disc.

I have looked over the iso file system. Since I have a full version of Win 7 prof with sp1.I do not think I need to use an iso file for anything.
    I have to install the new hard drive, plug in my DVD drive and just install win 7. Am I right on this?

Jerry

Thread Information