[RESOLVED] Windows 7 32/64 bit download - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [RESOLVED] Windows 7 32/64 bit download

What was the exact number you called? It doesn't sound like you called the Microsoft support center.

http://support.microsoft.com/answerdesk/windows
    According to the MS answerdesk, it's $99/session.

1-855-292-4092 I found this number in google under Microsoft

Jerry

I called the correct Microsoft and they guided me through a new activation. They
    had me put in a bunch of numbers then in an activation screen where I entered
    8 sets of numbers. A screen opened say the computer is validated. That first site
    I went to tried to scam me. I wonder why Microsoft doesn't closed them down. They
    pose as a real Microsoft site.

Also my e-mails in Yahoo print very small. Is there a way to make the font size
    bigger. The Microsoft people told me I could install Win 7 prof on another computer
    as long as I remove Win 7 from the 1st computer and if I do that call them and they
    will get it activated.

Jerry
    Last edited by jerryhillman; September 12th, 2014 at 05:41 PM.

I'm guessing you are accessing Yahoo mail from a browser. Pressing ctrl+0 should reset your zoom. It sounds like you pressed ctrl + scroll wheel by accident.

Quote Originally Posted by jerryhillman View Post

I called the correct Microsoft and they guided me through a new activation. They had me put in a bunch of numbers then in an activation screen where I entered 8 sets of numbers. A screen opened say the computer is validated.
    Yep, that's one way to do it.

--

That first site I went to tried to scam me. I wonder why Microsoft doesn't closed them down. They pose as a real Microsoft site.
    Not really. They state:
    24/7
    Tech Support
    For All Microsoft Products

Fixnow's Microsoft certified techs will solve your Microsoft issues remotely. Our reasonably priced and efficient services will provide you unlimited access to a host of highly qualified experts.

1-855-292-4092
    Disclaimer: FixNow.us is an independent provider of remote tech support for third party products.
    --

Also my e-mails in Yahoo print very small. Is there a way to make the font size bigger.
    Google: Yahoo email prints very small

--

The Microsoft people told me I could install Win 7 prof on another computer as long as I remove Win 7 from the 1st computer and if I do that call them and they will get it activated.
    Cool.

My netbook is running so good after I replaced the hard drive and
    operating system I am glad I spent $65 for Win 7 prof full disc and
    $70 for a faster and larger hard drive. I cost me $135 to get a new
    computer. Well it runs like new. I learned something. If you have
    a very poor running computer that is not to old the way to go is
    what I did if you know how to do it.

Jerry

Thumbs up

Good to hear the upgrades are working so well for you. Thanks for letting us know.

I just ordered new battery for my Lenovo netbook S10e. It is a 9 cell 11.1 volt, 7200mAh rechargeable battery. When I get it should I do anything
    to make it last longer like draining the initial charge to 0 then do a full charge, or anything else?

Jerry

If it is a Lithium Ion battery:

How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries
    If at all possible, avoid full discharges and charge the battery more often between uses. Partial discharge on Li-ion is fine; there is no memory and the battery does not need periodic full discharge cycles to prolong life, ...
    How to re-calibrate your Laptop Battery?
    ... deep discharges will actually decrease the charge capacity and lifespan of Li-Ion cells.
    How to Calibrate My Laptop Battery
    Lithium Ion Batteries
    ... run on battery power until the battery is drained to 40 percent of capacity. Hover your mouse over the battery icon in the lower right corner of your toolbar. This will display how much life the battery still possesses. ... fully charge the battery prior to use.

Thread Information