Windows Server 2012 NIC Teaming

Thread: Windows Server 2012 NIC Teaming

Windows Server 2012 NIC Teaming

Hi Gents,

I wondered if any of you truly experienced people had messed around with the network interface card teaming feature that is now built into Windows server 2012 ?
    I have a server that is up and running with server 2012 essentials installed, I have 2 nic's and I have a spare broadband connection. I was going to shutdown the connection, but then stumbled upon the teaming feature and thought I would try to speed up my internet connection.
    Firstly my existing setup employs an internet connection with a fixed ip address and one of the nic's disabled, all is well and has been running for 1 month now with about 12 client computers connected. The connection is the fastest connection available in the area (6mb rough speed), this is ok for the people using the service but it would be nice to get near double that if possible by adding my second broadband connection.
    Have I read correctly, can this be done, any ideas how to program the second network card for a second fixed ip internet connection ?

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Regards Dave

NIC Teaming on Windows Server 2012

More: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7exmRXRI9Y

Blogs.TechNet.com > NIC Teaming in Windows Server 2012 Brings Simple ...
    NIC Teaming in Windows Server 2012

Windows Server 2012 includes an integrated NIC Teaming solution that is easy to setup and manage, is vendor independent, and that supports the performance optimizations provided by the underlying NICs.

NIC Teaming is easily managed through PowerShell or a powerful, intuitive UI (the UI is layered on top of PowerShell). Teams can be created, configured, monitored, and deleted at the click of a mouse. Multiple servers can be managed at the same time from the same UI. Through the power of PowerShell remote management the NIC Teaming UI can be run on Windows 8 clients to remotely manage servers even when those servers are running Windows 2012 Server Core!

A team can include NICs from any vendor – and it can even include NICs from multiple vendors. This vendor-agnostic approach brings a common management model to even the most heterogeneous datacenter. New NICs can be added to systems as needed and effortlessly integrated to the existing NIC Teaming configuration.

Finally, the team supports all the networking features that the underlying NICs support, so you don’t lose important performance functionality implemented by the NIC hardware. The “no compromise” approach means that NIC Teaming can be deployed with confidence on all servers.

[...continues...]
    Microsoft TechNet > NIC Teaming Overview

Google: NIC Teaming Windows Server 2012

Thread Information