Raid nightmare. please help

Thread: Raid nightmare. please help

Raid nightmare. please help

A new motherboard, a Gigabyte. An i5 2500k. I had a new ssd and it seemed fine. Stupidly, I decided to try some of the little programs that come with it. One was "4 Tune" or somesuch. It was boot faster or something. Selected it, it rebooted and came up with a RAID setup thing. No help, not intuitive, nothing. I tried to reboot to get back and it did and - NOTHING. It was on, but nothing on screen. Humming as if working but no display. Panicking, I tried to reinstall Windows and the raid setup is still there and won't budge. Windows 7 refuses to reinstall, gets all the way through and then says "Cannot install Windows on this hardware" installed Windows 8, using my other comps serial and that did install. But of course tells me I can't use the serial on both. But it won't install Windows 7. That raid monstrosity is still there every time I reboot, etc etc etc
    HELP !!!!!

Also - even though I formatted the ssd, its saying "which OS do you want to boot from ? The Windows 7, or either of the two Windows 8 ?"(I had put it on desperate to get it going then formatted thinking as it worked, Win 7 would now. It didn't)
    Last edited by Phil K; July 10th, 2014 at 03:29 AM.

What is the make/model of the SSD?

RAID would have been set in the BIOS. If you only have one drive, then you can't use RAID. If anything, you want to change the BIOS to AHCI for SSD drives.

Did you check the security settings on the motherboard?
    You should Disable Secure boot and Disable UEFI boot and enable Legacy boot in order to install Windows 7.

You can fix the boot menu with BCDEdit. You can do this after you get Windows 7 up and running.
    http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...t-how-use.html

Thread Information