Sony Vaio stuck in boot loop

Thread: Sony Vaio stuck in boot loop

Post Sony Vaio stuck in boot loop

My brother has a Sony Vaio laptop. It had a corrupt user so we decided maybe system restore would take care of it. It got stuck in a restore loop. It kept saying please wait while system restore initializes. After about 10 minutes of this he was googling with his phone what to do. He found something saying hold the power button down a length of time and it would shut down. When it came back up, it seemed like it was going to boot ok. It didn't. It just got stuck in a loop. It had a blue box with a message about needing to restart and a frown looking face.

Worst of all, he screwed up and never created a recovery disk. Any idea how we can fix this mess would be appreciated.

What is the exact model number? Is it still under warranty?

Did you check for a system restore button at boot? Like F12?

Did you try contacting Sony for a set of recovery discs?

I would also run a hard drive diag just to be sure. You'd find out what brand of HD it is.

Thank you for the replies. I will have to get with him and see. He doesn't have anything on it that he is worried about losing so a complete back to factory settings would be fine.

Midknyte, you saved the day. I got the pc today and the assist button recovery method worked. It's now back to factory settings. I will have to get on him about making recovery disks just in case assist can't come to the rescue next time.

Right on. Glad you got it sorted.

Thread Information