Windows 8 activation fails with Error: 0x8007007B

Thread: Windows 8 activation fails with Error: 0x8007007B

Windows 8 activation fails with Error: 0x8007007B

Hi,
    I am facing some problem in my pc, error is "Windows 8 activation fails with Error: 0x8007007B". Windows 8, like previous versions, requires online activation to verify that your key is legitimate. However, some users upgrading from Windows 7 have had problems with the code from the previous version of Windows becoming “stuck” and, since it’s for Windows 7 and not Windows 8, activation fails. I also asked this problem to my friend, who are working in tech support and also asked to some other tech support service provider such as Microsoft, Dell Support and PC Support then they have provide me some reviews and solution for my problem. I am mentioning below solution, so please check it's right steps or not for solving my problem.

To solve this you need to use the command line. Do a Windows search for “cmd” and make sure you have elevated privileges – you may need to right-click and use “Run as administrator.”
    Now type these commands:
    slmgr.vbs /ipk XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX
    slmgr.vbs /ato
    In the first command, the “XXXXX” characters should be replaced with your Windows 8 product key. Your activation should now complete successfully.

I am waiting your suggestion...

Thanks in advance..

Hi henerywatson,

If you haven't already, please see this KB article.

Error 0x8007232b or 0x8007007B occurs when you try to activate Windows
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929826
    Eric

Thread Information