mobile phone software

Thread: mobile phone software

Unhappy mobile phone software

I have a Samsung slider gt-e2550 phone that I connected to my comp no response phone started charging instead.I went to the Samsung site downloaded relevant drivers software udates etc still no response.Tried using a powered usb hub no change .Downloaded Samsung pc suite shows phone connected but trying to transfer data message "no phone detected please connect phone" nothing showing in device manager or computer drives list.Pc settings on phone set to "mass storage device" as instructed still nothing can anyone suggest something I may have omitted to do!

photolady is offline Lifetime Friend of Site Staff
    At my computer, cruising VDR and watching your back
    Does your camera have a memory card in it? Reason I asked is, if you do, using a card reader, put the software on the card, after inserting in the card reader on the computer. Then put the card back in the phone, it should show as mass storage device. Well, that is how it is on my tablet, don't use those phones so can't reall help any further than that suggeston above. Or contact Samsung and ask them.

Support for your phone:
    http://www.samsung.com/hk_en/consume...SKATGY-support

Worth a try.. what I had to do with my old Samsung flip phone was plug in the USB cable then power the phone up for it to be detected by Windows as an actual device and not just charge.

And as I recall I also had to manually go into phone settings and set it as a USB storage device to be seen with the computer. That temp turns off the phone's cell communication and allows the computer to access its memory.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

mob phone software

Quote Originally Posted by fink View Post
    Worth a try.. what I had to do with my old Samsung flip phone was plug in the USB cable then power the phone up for it to be detected by Windows as an actual device and not just charge.

And as I recall I also had to manually go into phone settings and set it as a USB storage device to be seen with the computer. That temp turns off the phone's cell communication and allows the computer to access its memory.
    Have tried the above no joy I,m afraid

Quote Originally Posted by photolady View Post
    Does your camera have a memory card in it? Reason I asked is, if you do, using a card reader, put the software on the card, after inserting in the card reader on the computer. Then put the card back in the phone, it should show as mass storage device. Well, that is how it is on my tablet, don't use those phones so can't reall help any further than that suggeston above. Or contact Samsung and ask them.

Support for your phone:
    http://www.samsung.com/hk_en/consume...SKATGY-support
    Will try the above tomorrow and come back many thanks

No joy with that either will visit samsung tech dept in local store many thanks

Some phone you have actually save the stuff to the memory chip. LG is that way and a others I have to use Blue tooth to get them

Thread Information