Video Camera

Thread: Video Camera

Video Camera

I am interested in getting information for my Church. We have bought a new Video Camera. We are using the video camera for recording our services. How do we transfer the files from the Video Camera to a computer - file format is .MOV? Size of files around 3 to 3.5 GIG. Do we want to convert in to another format like PDF or what? Our minister does not want this to be made into UTube Video. Where can I learn some more information on procedures and what we need to do?

We want to be able to view this on a website. We are using Joomla on the website?

Thanks for any information on this subject would be appreciative.

DarElls

EDIT-

ignore, I misread the original question.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

FWIW ...

According to speedmatters.org, the median download speed for the U.S. in 2010 was 3.0 megabits per second (mbps). Which means it would take roughly 2 hours and 45 minutes to download a 3.5 GigaByte video.

According to techcrunch.com, in 2012 Akamai said that our average was 6.7 megabits per second. Which would mean it would take roughly 1 hour and 10 minutes to download a 3.5 GigaByte video.

A .mov file should work for most people. A .pdf would not be what you want. Note that unless you are limiting access to the video there is no way for you to prevent someone else from downloading the video, converting and/or editing it, and reposting it somewhere else like Youtube or some other video hosting site.

The SD card has (2) formats ,mts and .jpg. How do you convert these files to a usable format. What format would you suggest to convert? What software should you use to convert it? I have Windows 7.

.jpg files are compressed still images (pictures).
    .mts files are video files. Links with info and possible conversion are below:

http://whatis.techtarget.com/filefor...eo-clip-format

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=.mts+files

"..jpg files do not need converting as it is a standard internet format."

Thread Information