Seeking free replacement for FrontPage Express for use on Acer 5732 running WIN 7

Thread: Seeking free replacement for FrontPage Express for use on Acer 5732 running WIN 7

Seeking free replacement for FrontPage Express for use on Acer 5732 running WIN 7

Having used FrontPage express for some years I am at a loss, now that it has been discontinued, for uploading files and images to my web pages. When I search for a replacement there are many sites providing programs but at 86 years young I need to know of a replacement that is simple to use. I have had computers since the Sinclair 80 allowed one to do simple programming ( and big deal to play ping, pong ! ) but I need help with choosing a reliable and safe program

Some of the sites offering programs look doubtful and it would be good to hear from someone with experience of using one of the alternatives that they have found safe and secure. For my site I use Foxilla and 1 and 1.uk for the server.

All help will be acknowledged.

John Richardson
    John

Thanks Doc

It is good to hear from you again, I will try pagebreeze and come back in due course.

John
    John

I keep being ambushed by strongvault online backup in course of installing Pagebreeze, and when I attempt do download am told the activity is illegal.

Each time I have tried to text my reply to you, the boxes like this have been greyed out and I have not been able to message you this way or privately. The box is visible when I first access it but is greyed out 'microseconds' afterwards.... has anyone else experienced this ? Please advise me of a workaround the ambush, or how to avoid, I can't think I need further backup.

Thank you for your help so far. I am using Wise FTP to update my site using XP but of course XP is now in peril as security updates are being suspended.
    Last edited by j.richardson; May 25th, 2014 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Literals
    John

Doc

Quote Originally Posted by SpywareDr View Post
    Hey j, good to see you too. Try this link: http://www.majorgeeks.com/mg/getmirr..._editor,2.html
    I think you have been getting my responses. I mailed you to thank you for your suggestion, and to say that when I attempted to tell you the results of my attempts to download pagebreeze that the message box on your page was greyed out, I also sent you a private message in an attempt to contact you.

Each time I tried to download I got as far as a successful download of pagebreeze then I kept being instructed to download strongvault, two small panes came up one saying that the location they chose wasn't available, the other an Error message.

It not proving possible to get rid of these pop-ups I have had to restart my machine........I see from my download file that I have done this five times ?

Can you please suggest where I should direct there file to ?

Is strongvault essential anyway, in one attempt I tried to direct it to my portable hard disk, apparently that wasn't suitable.
    John

Sorry but I haven't received an email or PM from you yet. Just did a search in Gmail for "j.richardson" and the only thing there is the link to this "Reply to thread 'Seeking free replacement for FrontPage Express for use on Acer 5732 running WIN 7'" thread. And, the last PM I have here was March 1st, 2014 from Steve, (R Jones).

I just uninstalled and reinstalled PageBreeze here on Windows 7 and I do not, and don't remember ever seeing anything that says "strongvault". I also went ahead and searched both hard drives and the Windows Registry for "strongvault" and got zip/nada/nothing. I don't know what to tell you. I know nothing about it.

Do you see "strongvault" listed in your Add/Remove Programs? (Click the Start orb, type in appwiz.cpl and press [Enter]).

Thread Information