[RESOLVED] homegroup icon

Thread: [RESOLVED] homegroup icon

Resolved [RESOLVED] homegroup icon

Aloha,

Running Win 8.1 on desktop mode (don't have a touchscreen). There's a homegroup icon on my desktop that I can't delete or remove from the desktop. I don't have the homegroup activated so I'm confused on why it's there in the first place.
    Any suggestions on how to remove it?

Toshiba satellite c55 / Intel core I3

Try this:
    Step 1: From the Windows 8 Start Screen, search for 'Show or hide common icons on the desktop'. Alternatively, right-click on the desktop in the bottom-left corner to show the small menu which includes Control Panel. From there, click Appearance and Personalisation, then Personalisation. Finally, click Change desktop icons on the left.

Step 2: Even if the box next to Network is unticked, click it to enable it, then disable it again. (If it's ticked to start with, untick it).

Step 3: Click OK and you should find the HomeGroup icon has gone from the desktop.

There seems to be a bug where the HomeGroup icon can reappear at random. It's simple enough to run through this quick process when that happens, but hopefully a future Windows update will fix this problem.
    http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/wi...rom-windows-8/

Thanks Midknyte, didn't realize it was a bug in the system. Doesn't hurt anything, just bothers me. Is this the replacement of the network icon form old?

Is this the replacement of the network icon form old?
    No, it's not. Not sure what the real cause is, but it happens on Win7 too.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...dd-remove.html

Thread Information