No Sound for Headphones

Thread: No Sound for Headphones

No Sound for Headphones

I have a new ASUS LED Panel with a headphone jack in the back. It would be more convenient if I could utilize that jack for listening. I get no sound when it is connected. The LED is connected to the computer via VGA cable. My also new computer besides having the VGA jack also has a HDMI jack. I wish the monitors to function along with headphones.

Presently my phones are attached directly to the pc and work fine but my long cable gets tripped over frequently.

What's the model number of the monitor?

Is there an input jack on the monitor? If so, you'd need to get a dub cable to connect the audio output on the computer to the audio input on the monitor.

You should also be able to do audio over HDMI, if your video card supports it.

ASUS VS238N/H Yes there is an input jack on the monitor. The computer does have an input jack on the front but as you said I would have to have a dubl cable/plug and plug both into it. I have tried plugging the headphone jack into that input but when I do a window appears and says click on headphones and that silences the speakers. The dubl plug seems to be the most logical solution. Thanks for the input.

Good luck. I hope it works. Strange that ASUS didn't include a dub cable.

Thread Information