Android Phone and Gmail

Thread: Android Phone and Gmail

Android Phone and Gmail

Hi, I have a HTC EVO LTE, running on Android 2.13.651.170RD on Sprint.

Using the native HTC email app, I setup my Gmail account on it. In a email thread, I only see the incoming message, my replies are not found in the thread. Using my desktop, when I go to gmail, in a thread, I can see both the original message, all the replies to it all in the same thread.

I wonder if it b/c I've set it up wrong on the phone or is it like this on phone.

That phone doesn't have a Gmail app? There are usually 2 mail apps on Android phones; 1 for Gmail and 1 for another email account.

photolady is offline Lifetime Friend of Site Staff
    At my computer, cruising VDR and watching your back
    On my Android tablet Gmail is the same, shows no included messages I sent to those who replied to me. I think this is because the app is not a fully extended gmail like on your or my desktop.

You could also go to gmail.com in your phone's browser. That might be better since you're running an older version of Android (2.1 Eclair).

Ok, so it is like this on cell phone. Good to know that I didn't just set it up wrong.

On another note, after some googling, the version # I gave: 2.13.651.170RD is actually not the Android version #. It is the software build # -- whatever it means. The Android version on my phone is actually 4.0.4.

Quote Originally Posted by Midknyte View Post
    That phone doesn't have a Gmail app? There are usually 2 mail apps on Android phones; 1 for Gmail and 1 for another email account.

I have never looked before but looking at it now, it does have a Gmail app. Does it make a difference using it vs. the Android default email app?

Yes, there is a difference between the two. I personally prefer the Gmail app.

Does it make a difference using it vs. the Android default email app?
    Yes. The Gmail app is made specifically for Gmail. Use that one instead.

The Android version on my phone is actually 4.0.4.
    That is a big difference.

Thread Information