adobe flash player update mcafee

Thread: adobe flash player update mcafee

Question adobe flash player update mcafee

Today the newest version of flash player was a notification of update, and when i started to do it, Mcafee also started to download so i cancelled it. Normally there is a box to uncheck but not this time. Did they change the download/install process, you need to let it go further then you can get a new window which may have the selection to not accept Mcafee?
    This was either to save the file or run it, whole new version 13. something, i had saved it and later opened it and both items were installing./// cancelled it

Where did you download Flash from? If you get the distribution version, it doesn't have Mcafee. You didn't say which browser you were using either; IE or something else. Chrome has Flash built-in.

If you go to the Adobe Flash site you have to uncheck Mcafee (Optional offer in the middle column).

http://www.adobe.com/products/flashp...ribution3.html

egdufwollamhsram1851--
    I have set Adobe Flash Player to notify me when a new update is available. (In other words the download and installing is not automatic.)
    When I accept a notification, I get a screen looking much like this one
    http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

As Midknyte has said I am offered the option of Google Chrome and Toolbar in the middle column, but I just uncheck that box. You have to carefully scan all download screens these days for piggy back offers.

I think I have to tell Flash again each time at the end of the present update that I want to be notified .

I do not know which site you are getting the update from to be offered McAfee. You should be careful that it is indeed an Adobe site.
    Jim
    WIN7 Ultimate SP1 64bit, IE 11, NTFS,
    cable, MS Security Essentials, Windows 7 firewall

i have or had flash set to notify me when updates are available, FF browser, so i assume it's coming there, this was an adobe listed website, and i went to adobe, checked what version i had, it said i did not have the latest version, and the save file came up again or run, it did the same thing, when it started to run, the adobe and McAfee were were appearing to roll open, so i canceled again, this is version 13.0 something, mine is 12 something. i googled t and saw some old posts relating to this same issue, but did not see the latest version mentioned. i always look for the extras and uncheck them, it did not appear tonight whenj i booted on the lap top win 7 64 bit, haven't checked the 32bit vista.

i have or had flash set to notify me when updates are available, FF browser, so i assume it's coming ther
    It's not from Firefox. It's from the "Adobe Flash Player Background Updater for Windows"
    http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashpla...r-windows.html

You should have been given the option to uncheck Mcafee, though. Can you take a screenshot next time?

Like I mentioned in post #2, you can download and install the distribution version which doesn't contain Mcafee.
    For Firefox, you'd need the Flash for plugin-based browsers.

New update with correct window to delete McAfee today , success

Thread Information