How the heck do I uninstall a program that isn't installed??

Thread: How the heck do I uninstall a program that isn't installed??

How the heck do I uninstall a program that isn't installed??

Finally time to bite the bullet and upgrade my old XP machine to 7. Unfortunately I have to do so via a Vista upgrade. I am being told to uninstall Nero 10.

I never installed Nero 10. MoveOnBoot doesn't help, since the program is not installed. I would like to save the myriad programs I've installed over the past ten years....anyone have any suggestions that do not involve firearms or explosives?

You're going to do 2 upgrades? Yikes. That means twice as much chance for something to go wrong. Make a backup first.

Did you install any version of Nero?

If you've already tried uninstallers like Revo, then you'll just have to search the registry for "Nero" entries. Again, make a backup of the registry first.

Quote Originally Posted by Midknyte View Post
    You're going to do 2 upgrades? Yikes. That means twice as much chance for something to go wrong. Make a backup first.
    NBD, really. Just doing in a day what I should have done over a year or so. Be that as it may, I'm just trying to figure out the gremlin that thinks I installed some program that isn't there. I never installed ANY version of Nero. I probably will do the registry search and delete every reference to it. Somewhere, somehow, under the radar it's in there somewhere.

Apparently Nero 10 was a sneak attack install at some time in the past, although I didn't think that was possible. I know I didn't install it. Nevertheless, I have gotten that situation taken care of.

One more question, which goes to show how rusty I am with OS installs/upgrades....can a Win7 64-bit upgrade install be layered over a Vista 32-bit install? Academic question, really, as my motherboard (Abit KN9-S) has an 8GB RAM capacity limit at any rate, but should I do a radical hardware upgrade and try to keep the OS intact it would be nice to be prepared.

Hi.. long time no see

can a Win7 64-bit upgrade install be layered over a Vista 32-bit install?
    No, 32bit to 64bit is a format>start from scratch situation in all cases.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

I thought I remembered that, deep in my 8-bit operating system.

How's things up in Toronto, my friend? It HAS been a few months. Good seeing the cat avatar again, Mark!

Spring has finally sprung (except for this coming tue/wed with -5 and snow expected LOL)

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

It's 30 here, c'mon down for a visit!

Thread Information