display issues - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: display issues

I'm not sure why you posted that link to pcsupport.com.

You're the one that posted the link to the 307.83 drivers in post #9, not me. According to your link, it supports the GeForce 7 Series GeForce 7025 / NVIDIA nForce 630a.

The 307.83 drivers should have worked for with video chip. You said you had problems, so I thought you could go back to an older set and see if those worked. Sometimes, the newest drivers aren't the best for older hardware.

You have never stated which drivers set you tried. That would help.

he advised to pull the numders under the hood, and i have not done that yet.????????
    What does that mean? under the hood?

What does that mean? under the hood?

see post 20, i have not done that
    ------------------------------------

Midknyte
    Midknyte is offline StArK RaVinG MOD

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/window...iver-vista.htm

Why were you trying to update the drivers through Device Manager? Normally, you would run the Nvidia Drivers .exe and follow the setup.

What driver set did you get? The 307.83 drivers should have worked. " as i said i don't know yet, don't have it up when i do i'll hopefully tell"
    Last edited by egdufwollamhsram1851; April 12th, 2014 at 10:48 AM.

Are you trying to quote previous posts? You can either click "Reply with Quote" or click the "Wrap Quote tags" button (last button on the right in the Quick Reply toolbar".

What driver set did you get? The 307.83 drivers should have worked. " as i said i don't know yet, don't have it up when i do i'll hopefully tell"
    You should know which set you are installing BEFORE you install them.

Ex. 307.83-desktop-win8-win7-winvista-32bit-english-whql.exe

thanks for the helpful instructions or should i hit reply?

Quote Originally Posted by Midknyte View Post
    Are you trying to quote previous posts? You can either click "Reply with Quote" or click the "Wrap Quote tags" button (last button on the right in the Quick Reply toolbar".

You should know which set you are installing BEFORE you install them.

Ex. 307.83-desktop-win8-win7-winvista-32bit-english-whql.exe

If you don't want to include the quote, then just click reply. It depends on what you want to do. I don't think you need to quote the previous post every time.

W E W B for u

Question Nvidiua driver

This is what the device manager shows, i still get the pop up to install driver, the roll back driver option is not available.

It is not right according to device manager, i am using the system right now.
    Attached Images Attached Images

So which driver sets have you tried so far? It looks like you installed an older video driver from 2009. 8.15.11.8634

I mentioned the Legacy drivers here: Nforce 15.49
    http://www.nvidia.com/download/drive...px/14874/en-us

Train mentioned the Gigabyte drivers here: Nforce 15.56
    http://www.gigabyte.us/products/prod...px?pid=3498#dl

I also mentioned the Geforce 307.83 drivers:
    http://www.nvidia.com/download/drive...px/57491/en-us

I have never done anything with advice from others, "if it ain't broke don't fix it" then recently as we have discussed i checked them in device manager plus windows update shows an update,, those are the ones, i never did the windows either, i have never done anything .I went to Nvidia to check them last night but could not because i do not have java installed. i don't know how to cure this

"if it ain't broke don't fix it"
    Something sure looks "broke" if you are getting a warning in Device Manager.

You don't need Java. Are you going to the links I posted? You download the driver .exe and then install from your desktop. If you can't go to the Nvidia site, try the Gigabyte site.

It doesn't look like you tried any other drivers, when I compared your screenshots of Device Manager.

Something sure looks "broke" if you are getting a warning in Device Manager.

You don't need Java. Are you going to the links I posted? You download the driver .exe and then install from your desktop. If you can't go to the Nvidia site, try the Gigabyte site.

It doesn't look like you tried any other drivers, when I compared your screenshots of Device Manager.

The don't fix it as i said goes back awhile, as driver updates came up before, and i was advised not to muck it up.

So with these other links how am i or the system to know whats going on , the java was a way to run a test check, not to install/

You would download the driver .exe file and then run it. We already checked that they match your model. Just look at the "Supported Products" tab on the Nvidia download links I posted. The Gigabyte sites shows your MB model number and the drivers match your video card.

I'm not sure why you're running a test check. All that does is see what model of video card you have, which we already confirmed.

You would download the driver .exe file and then run it. We already checked that they match your model. Just look at the "Supported Products" tab on the Nvidia download links I posted. The Gigabyte sites shows your MB model number and the drivers match your video card.

I'm not sure why you're running a test check. All that does is see what model of video card you have, which we already confirmed.
    It appeared to be a scan or diagnostic for compatibility.

You re aware this is onboard video

Do i still need check the i believe model in the case as Train suggested?

It appeared to be a scan or diagnostic for compatibility.
    Yes. It will just check what type of video chip you have. Your screenshot already says you have a nForce 630a / GeForce 7025.

You re aware this is onboard video
    Yes. The nForce 630a / GeForce 7025 is onboard video.

Do i still need check the i believe model in the case as Train suggested?
    You have a nForce 630a / GeForce 7025 chipset. That's the same chipset as the GA-M68M-S2P. You can check the MB model number if you want.

I'm not sure what to tell you at this point. I've already posted links to drivers that should work. The only way to find out is if you download and install them.

The only way to find out is if you download and install them.
    Yes, that is just what we would have to do too. And have done several versions in a row until I found the right one in the archive. 10 downloads was the worst so far. about 12 hours time spent.

Thread Information