[RESOLVED] New Lenovo H535 Desktop Win 8.1: Cut and Paste not working

Thread: [RESOLVED] New Lenovo H535 Desktop Win 8.1: Cut and Paste not working

Resolved [RESOLVED] New Lenovo H535 Desktop Win 8.1: Cut and Paste not working

Since MSoft is stopping support for Win XP, I had to purchase a new desktop PC. On Friday, I began the process of installing my programs. Today, I wanted to cut and paste some instructions (from IE11 to Word). It wouldn't me do it.

Another shortcut that isn't working is that I use "backspace and the control key" to delete the last word I typed. I just did that in this text box and it worked but it doesn't outside of this. Let me try the copy/paste now.....nope - that doesn't work here.

Does anyone have any suggestions? It's a new PC. Here's what I've installed so far:

Google Earth
    MSoft Office Student 2007
    Sibelius
    OE Classic Pro (and imported my OE 6 contacts/mail/folders)
    QuickBooks 99 which did NOT work so I uninstalled it
    Google Chrome
    Epson printer sw
    Games from Big Fish
    Kyodai
    iTunes
    doPDF

I also copied over files from an external drive - i.e Favorites, Music files, My Document, WinZip, LViewPro, etc.
    In addition, we use Juniper so I was trying to get Java to work but never could - getting the message "This app will be blocked in a future Java Security update because the JAR file Manifest does not contain the permissions attribute"

Also, in trying to find an Outlook Express replacement, I somehow downloaded Laflura but I saw it in my Add/Remove and uninstalled it.

Thanks so much for any help. I really miss Win XP Pro!
    Last edited by Patience; March 17th, 2014 at 01:03 AM.

Copy, click inside the quick post box and then use ctrl+v
    Been using that for some time and the r-click does not have paste in it.

Windows Vista is where I started having to do that. Have do that in a few forums I use to.

Good Morning Train!

I didn't explain how I was doing copy/paste - I've either been highlighting text in a web page and then using ctrl+c to copy and then I would open notepad or Word and use ctrl+v to paste. That's not working in Windows 8.1.

The copy/paste function isn't working anywhere in Windows 8.1....at least for me.

Thanks,
    Nancy

Train - I'm a complete nincompoop.... I just realized that this new keyboard has the Function key at the bottom corner. On my HP keyboard, the Ctrl key was at the bottom left. I've been using the Function key with the Ctrl-C. Good grief. I play piano and most of the time I don't look at the keys so I guess I've gotten into a bad habit. Sure glad I figured it out.

~Nancy

I get some wierd things happening when I am one key off too.

Thread Information