[RESOLVED] User profile service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded. W7PRO

Thread: [RESOLVED] User profile service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded. W7PRO

Resolved [RESOLVED] User profile service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded. W7PRO

The standard solutions found thru google do not solve this issue. This is happening on 29 recently imaged domain computers. (Acronis True Image 2014 did not use sysprep) Upon first boot after the image the computers were renamed and joined to a workgroup then rejoined to the domain. Domain users receive this error if their profile is not already defined. The work-around is to manually add the domain user then boot in safe mode with networking. The user can then login and is authenicated in safe mode. No further login trouble in normal boot mode for the user. The work-around is a big pain as we have a large turn-over of interns. Thanks in advance.

I don't have a solution but have you looked at the Acronis TI user forums?

https://forum.acronis.com/forums/acr...age-2014-forum

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

SOLUTION! Both microsoft and acronis could not solve this issue. I discovered an article while googling similiar to my problem. it was caused by a security problem on a few files/folders in the C:\Users\Default folder. I was able to easily fix it by going into the Advanced Security Settings for the C:\Users\Default folder and checking the box to "Replace all child object permission with inheritable permissions from this object".

Thanks for letting us know.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Hi there,,

We do this all the time.

In fact I am in the of 48 right now.

We take 1 PC,, join the domain as anybody with admin rights.
    Load up ALL the shortcuts to internet they need,,
    All the printers they need,,,, all the UPdates (wow!)

then UN join the domain,, and be able to get back to a local admin user.

To be safe we change the computer name to Chageme

With out being on Ethernet or wireless connection. (important!)

Image the PC to another PC.

We then return to the site , hook up Ethernet,,,, change the computer name to a NEW one,,, (not one already on the domain)

rejoin the domain,,, and log in as an existing user,,, or admin,,,, and continue.

Let me state here, that you must have valid Windows 7 sticker (proof) on each PC,, and they must all be similar in hardware.
    Not all software will 'clone' over to the new PC (Like Office ) so you have to re-install them after you deploy.

But you CAN clone the PC's. Saves 100+ hours of time.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by htechnician View Post
    SOLUTION! Both microsoft and acronis could not solve this issue. I discovered an article while googling similiar to my problem. it was caused by a security problem on a few files/folders in the C:\Users\Default folder. I was able to easily fix it by going into the Advanced Security Settings for the C:\Users\Default folder and checking the box to "Replace all child object permission with inheritable permissions from this object".
    Thanks

Thread Information