iTunes backup

Thread: iTunes backup

iTunes backup

While doing a backup of iTunes 11 from my hard drive to my external drive on Windows 7 I noticed a wide variation in the file size of about 14 GB that I got a few months ago to the 150 MB that now get. Is this a case of new technology or am I doing wrong?

Darn if I would not use something like SyncBackFree for doing that. Because iTunes if it does not like something, it will not touch it.

Even been know to delete music not purchased through them.

Found this:
    http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4527

yeah, 150 Megs is less than 50 songs and 14 Gigs is more than I care to calculate at the moment, but a lot more . Clearly, the small backup is very incomplete and would suggest that at very least you use a third party backup program as Train recommends. In the meantime I would not delete the 14 Gig backup you hopefully still have in case it's needed.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

It's stupid that Itunes does this, I've run into the same problem with my 2000 songs and its a real pain your best bet is to remove all the songs from the itunes library and then replace them all in one shot. You can select multiple files by holding crtl while you click or to do a large block of songs hold shift, click the top one in the list and then hold shift and click the bottom one.

photolady is offline Lifetime Friend of Site Staff
    At my computer, cruising VDR and watching your back
    I would think after all this time, the OP has found his answer. Please check dates before posting in old thread.

I just reinstall iTunes. I did take backups of my songs, and now i bring back the song from by backup cd's.

Thread Information