ADOBE FLASH HD Codec

Thread: ADOBE FLASH HD Codec

ADOBE FLASH HD Codec

There are a few rare independent films I was trying to view recently, and even though the video site uses Adobe FLASH, it keeps telling me I need a plug-in, seemingly an HD (High Definition) plug-in.

I downloaded the latest Adobe FLASH, but still keep getting the message. I searched the Adobe site for some information about HD Codecs, I found discussion but no actual Codecs.

I don't like to download from Pop-Ups or directly from websites telling me I need some type of upgrade. I prefer to go directly to the source and download there.

Though the specific Codec is not identified, does anyone know of any reputable site where I can get an HD codec for FLASH? Or whether there is even such a thing? Perhaps this site was imply trying to get me to download some Spyware. Still the site did have a lot of good independent film for free, and I was able to view them. The problem is simply the reminder to download an HD Flash codec.

Any comments would be helpful.

The site is - viooz.co

That .co NOT .com or anything else just viooz.co

Steve

Just to see if I could identify the codec it wanted me to download, I clicked on the link and this is the website it took me to -

http://www.installssource.com/download/download_m11.php

Does anyone have any comments on the reliability of this source?

Steve

I'm not familiar with that codec pack. The only two I'd recommend are Sharky's or Klite..
    http://shark007.net/
    http://codecguide.com/download_kl.htm

I use the Klite pack. I tested some old public domain (non-copyrighted) movies on that site and they play just fine without any download needed (I have latest Flash as well)

Note that many of those films are pirated and watching them at that site is illegal in most countries so you view them at your own risk.. you never know who is monitoring those sites.

Here in Canada there are a number of lawsuits pending against home users who have allegedly downloaded and or viewed recent release movies from sites just like that.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

This site looked pretty legit, but it was throwing up Pop-Ups like confetti on New Years Eve. Fortunately my browser was blocking most of them. Also, keep in mind these were rare obscure Indy films not Hollywood Blockbusters.

One was a US film from 2006, very small indy, about a $50,000 budget. The other was a Danish film from 1978, but it didn't have subtitles, so I didn't watch more than the lead in credits.

yes, and thank you for the links to the Codecs, I'll give them a try.

Thread Information