no play all option in music folder. (no common task barshowing at all)

Thread: no play all option in music folder. (no common task barshowing at all)

no play all option in music folder. (no common task barshowing at all)

Hi everyone
    I'm hoping someone can help me with this problem.
    I recently had my pc fixed and ever since, I can't get the common tasks column to show, you know the one that usually show on the left hand side when you open a folder?
    I think that's what it is called? it gives you various info like how large a file is etc.
    I used it all the time because it had a Play All option in my music folders. now when I open a folder, there are just the music files then and I have to click each one seperately to play them. I have tried altering the view folder options and change my music ones to best for music folders, I have also tried to change the folder options in tools. nothing works!!!
    You will probably tell me to put all my music in one of my media players. I have Windows Media Player, RealPlayer and Winamp.
    but the reason I don't do this is to save space. I have thousands of music tracks, mostly by Genre or Artist. but they are now on an external drive, as I lost them all once, so won't take chances anymore. I don't know if it's the settings or maybe another program blocking it. I have iTunes now, that I did not have before, but I've only got that so I can sync my new iPhone
    can anyone please help! it's driving me nuts

I can't get the common tasks column to show, you know the one that usually show on the left hand side when you open a folder?...I have also tried to change the folder options in tools
    Is this what you tried? Open My Computer. Go to Tools - Folder Options. On the General Tab, choose Show common tasks in folders. Click OK.

I have thousands of music tracks, mostly by Genre or Artist. but they are now on an external drive, as I lost them all once, so won't take chances anymore.
    Do you have more than one external drive? Just because it's on an external, that doesn't mean it is backed up. You need a copy of the files in 2 separate locations.

Thanks for the reply, yes I know about needing another external drive to back up my back up, lol. But can't afford one at the moment, but hopefully it won't be long. All the music I lost was also on an external drive, but it got scratched somehow? was just gettin a clicking sound but would not read anything, I was gutted. Hubby sent it away to see if it could be saved, but it couldn't.
    Now!!! about the problem I have just posted. Here goes, you are not going to believe this and will think I am soooo stupid, but I will guess that other people have made the same mistake without realising! When I got my fixed computer back. I set about reinstalling all my lost programs etc and making the size of all the folders I have been using to a size so that I can have 2 folders open side by side on the screen! Have you guessed?
    I opened a folder with some music in that I havent used since getting the pc back, and there it was, the common tasks and play all????
    whats going on I thought, went back to the folders where it was not showing, wait for it!!! and just widened the folder, and there it was! How stupid does that make me sound? my husband could not stop laughing, but I have seen so many posts when I googled about it saying it had dissapeared, whats betting some have made the same mistake as me by just narrowing the folder, it dissapears!
    Anyway, thank you for your reply, and have a laugh on me, lol
    I have been trying to sort this out for 2 days
    regards, Gran

Oops. Ok. Main thing is that you got it sorted.

Thread Information