Flash Problems in IE

Thread: Flash Problems in IE

Flash Problems in IE

I cant play most videos in Internet Explorer because it keeps asking me to download and install flash player. I have done that loadsa times, the other browsers I use dont have a problem like Google Chrome and Opera.

...how do i fix this ?

Probably wouldn't hurt if mentioned which OS you are using and the version number of IE.
    If you're happy and you know it......it's your meds.

Also note that Flash for IE is a separate install from Flash for Opera. Chrome has Flash built in.
    http://www.adobe.com/products/flashp...ribution3.html

yes, i uninstalled it from the control panel where it says 'Adobe flash player plugin' but still

Quote Originally Posted by SpywareDr View Post

Windows 7 64-bit (its in the sig)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve R Jones View Post
    Probably wouldn't hurt if mentioned which OS you are using and the version number of IE.

People don't always ask about the PC in their sig, so it's good to confirm. You still didn't say which version of IE. 8, 9 or 10?

yes, i uninstalled it from the control panel where it says 'Adobe flash player plugin' but still
    Flash for Plugin browsers would be for Opera, not IE. The IE version would be something like Adobe Flash Player 11 ActiveX. If you don't see the ActiveX version, then you need to download and install it from the link I posted earlier.

If that still doesn't work, download and run the Flash uninstaller. And then reinstall Flash ActiveX.
    Follow the instructions here:
    http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/...r-windows.html

oh sorry, IE version 9.0.8.112

Quote Originally Posted by Midknyte View Post
    People don't always ask about the PC in their sig, so it's good to confirm. You still didn't say which version of IE. 8, 9 or 10?

Flash for Plugin browsers would be for Opera, not IE. The IE version would be something like Adobe Flash Player 11 ActiveX. If you don't see the ActiveX version, then you need to download and install it from the link I posted earlier.

If that still doesn't work, download and run the Flash uninstaller. And then reinstall Flash ActiveX.
    Follow the instructions here:
    http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/...r-windows.html

Thread Information