Best conversion of MTS video?

Thread: Best conversion of MTS video?

Best conversion of MTS video?

I need help determining which is the best conversion format. Coaching football, we record our games on a JVC HD hard drive camera. I transfer them to a PC. I need to convert them to a "universal" format and burn to a DVD that other coaches can watch in their computers or DVD players. Ive tried several but havent found one that is easily used in both. The files are saved in .MTS format (AVCHD). I have some experience with several converters and Final Cut Pro, iMovie and other video editing but I need a simple process that can be accomplished immediately after a game and the DVD ready to give to others.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

photolady is offline Lifetime Friend of Site Staff
    At my computer, cruising VDR and watching your back
    You might want to try this site that does all that video editing, and other things to do with video:

http://www.videohelp.com/

One of our usual 'go to' sites.. www.videohelp.com has almost no suggestions for converting/burning MTV or AVCHD files to any other format let alone DVD's. And as you've probably found out doing google searches pretty much everything that comes up is a pay-for program that may or may not have a trial.

I'll let others weigh in if they can but if you need to go to a program that costs money the only one that I found doing searches that I'd have some confidence in would be Boilsoft's video converter.

http://www.boilsoft.com/dvdcreator/mts-to-dvd.html

http://www.boilsoft.com/avchdconverter/index.html

I only say that because I've used their software for other purposes and it's always seemed to work well. From what I've seen from legit software download sites like www.tucows.com there's a 30 day trial for that program so it might be worth a try.

http://tucows.com/preview/736454/Boi...ter?q=boilsoft

As for speed, well any type of conversion and/or burning can take quite some time esp on a laptop or older PC so I can't say that this or pretty much any other program will do a particularly speedy job... esp if the file(s) are of any significant length.

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

Depending on the cost of the conversion software, and/or the time needed to perform the conversion, it might be worthwhile looking for a video recorder that does not use a proprietary or hard to convert file format.

May want to see if following is of any interest,
    Cheers.

Thanks for all the information. I think looking into a new camera and knowing the whole process before you buy is probably the smart thing to do. Unfortunately, those with the purchasing power don't always understand technology and don't like to be told they don't...

Again thanks...Ill look into all those converters....and a new camera

The one I use is: http://www.erightsoft.com/S6Kg1.html
    Click on the blue lettering "Download Super © setup file" . There is a bit of a learning curve,but it's free and will allow conversion of most all video formats...
    Stupid question? No such thing!
    Virtual Dr. to the rescue!
    Just ask. Bookmark your post for easy reference.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by fink View Post

I only say that because I've used their software for other purposes and it's always seemed to work well. From what I've seen from legit software download sites like www.tucows.com there's a 30 day trial for that program so it might be worth a try.

http://tucows.com/preview/736454/Boi...ter?q=boilsoft

As for speed, well any type of conversion and/or burning can take quite some time esp on a laptop or older PC so I can't say that this or pretty much any other program will do a particularly speedy job... esp if the file(s) are of any significant length.
    I downloaded this and started to convert and it said it was going to put a watermark on each frame. So does not appear it has a free trial.
    Andy

Quote Originally Posted by kianje View Post
    I downloaded this and started to convert and it said it was going to put a watermark on each frame. So does not appear it has a free trial.
    Also each time I open the program, my virus protection advises to not open or to only open in sandbox.
    Andy

Also each time I open the program, my virus protection advises to not open or to only open in sandbox.
    That would be normal behavior on a newly installed program. It does not mean it's infected or malware. I would assume you're using Avast a/v. If it were me I'd tell it to let it run normally.

Too bad about the branding though. At least it gives you an idea of how it works (or not).

VirtualDr email notices are not working.
    Check back regularly for responses.

A simple way to do this is using with AppGeeker
    Burn MTS to DVD
    Simply open a project and choose the file on the PC. Click on burn DVD and the program does the rest. AppGeeker recognizes and converts files and burns at 6x speed. It will adjust program quality to fit on the disk i.e. 4.7 GB. These play on any DVD/BLU RAY player or computer.

Thread Information