[Inactive] search.imesh.net... how to get rid of it? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [Inactive] search.imesh.net... how to get rid of it?

Go here: http://www.microsoft.com/genuine and see if you can validate Windows.
    If you can't validate there for whatever reason see here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/916247

The first site did not help. I went to the second site and ran a program that would supposedly validate my copy. It did so and then came to a screen that said "Enter a genuine Windows Product key" but give you no place to enter it, and then under that message it says " The product key used to activate Windows on your PC is a volume license key that has been blocked by Microsoft." Further. it states " The version of Windows you are running is no longer available for purchase. Check to see if your PC can run Windows 7." Then it offers to sell me W 7 for $149.00...!!!

Can we go back to the restore point and fix this? Is this some form of corruption that was caused by running the tools to get rid of the malware? I don't understand what this is or why it is coming up now.

Combofix created restore point on 2/21.
    Use it and see how it goes.

I tried the restore point and that didn't work. I really didn't think it would. At this point I'm taking the computer back to where my sister got it from and going to have the guy who built it look at it. I suspect he used a business license on it and when it asked me to validate the Windows license I entered "personal use" not knowing any better.

Thanks for all your help, Broni. This was just a glitch in the scheme of things and I think this guy needs to fix it and he can get rid of the malware as well.

I suspect he used a business license on it and when it asked me to validate the Windows license I entered "personal use" not knowing any better.
    Very possible.
    Let me know about the outcome.

Thread Information